Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Coverage down in Donegal

Options
  • 08-03-2011 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with this...? Very frustrating, getting no signal :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Are you round Killybegs? No 02 signal in the town yesterday or today. Fine once you pass supervalu on the way outta town.

Fine here in Donegal Town.

Lol. Classic here.

The ESB turned off the power to the Bayview Hotel in Killybegs on Monday and this shut down the O2 mast on the roof !

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71074117#

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭40040D

irish1967 wrote: »
    Are you round Killybegs? No 02 signal in the town yesterday or today. Fine once you pass supervalu on the way outta town.

Fine here in Donegal Town.
    irish1967 wrote: »
    Lol. Classic here.

The ESB turned off the power to the Bayview Hotel in Killybegs on Monday and this shut down the O2 mast on the roof !

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71074117#

Yeah in Killybegs, wow that is such a disaster, I reckon its a marketing scandal for vodaphone:P..I know a few people so far including myself who have had to get a 087 sim because of the "lack" of coverage !

Disaster...! I feel a strong letter of complaint going to ESB:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Donegal is a joke for coverage at time, there are huge patches where there is nothing on any network. its no wonder Bear Grylls had to do a survival episode here. if you ran outta petrol and had no coverage you're screwed!

Plus if you ran outta petrol you would have to sell your car to afford the fuel.

Isn't there a way O2 can issue an advisory text to it's customers from adjacent cell towers to the one that is down to let them know there is a problem. As you can see from my link above it was only when I joked about the bayview that O2 CS seemed to be aware that the joke was actually reality.

Jeeez

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Feck it people are completely unable to survive without mobile phone coverage for a day, sad tbh

How did people survive at all 20 odd years ago ?

Now no signal for 4 days. Ah but sure it's only Donegal.

20 years ago was 20 years ago. You can't really compare the needs and minimum standards of service then to now. In the early 1990s (20 years ago) if you had no home phone for a few days you would be annoyed. The closure of their store here in town and the lack of urgency in fixing an outage like this speak for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

My mate rang them on Monday and notified them of the outage, and what brought it about.
    He called them today for an update and was told that they are waiting for permission from the keyholder for the ESB and their engineers to enter the premisis to fix the problem.
    He's none too hopeful that it'll be fixed on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

The roof of the Bayview is like the wheelhouse roof of the western endeavor with all the masts and ariels. Vodafone 3g mast also up there is out too

Advertisement