Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choose a course.

• 08-03-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭

Hi, i am 31 year old, looking in to some education, as i am living in Blanchardstown, working part time, and my wife study part time in ITB , i think that would like to join in one or other course.
    I would like to jump in to part-time evening course for computer or something technical.
    I'd like to start from very beginning and see how it goes. Id say i have not bad knowledge in to computers... would say good user :)
    Would like to learn network administration or programming. (have little knowledge in delphi)

What you suggest, where to start ?

Regards

Maris

Comments

Pretty much any computer course you do in ITB will assume you a beginner in most modules.

This may be the course ou want.

http://www.itb.ie/studyatitb/bn026.html

The core programming language of the course is Java.

ITB is very good for networking. Nearly all you lab work will be done on Cisco routers/switches with some lab work been done on Cisco Packet Tracer (A tool to simulate networks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

BN002 starts at the basic level. I do the four year version BN104 (in fourth year).

I can put you in touch with a guy in my class who did the first two years part time if your interested. He's done 3rd and 4th full-time because they are assignment, project, CA etc intensive (a thesis and project each year for example). You'll know after 2 years how your fixed if your interested in the latter parts!

Advertisement