Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grooming courses

• 08-03-2011 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hi all!

This is for my younger cousin and I am helping her out...She wants to know as the following:

Those of you who did a course on dog/animal grooming - where did you do it and how long is the course? (I am presuming 1 year?)

Could I set up a small business after gaining this cert/higher cert? What other courses should I look into?

Any inputs would be greatly apprieated and I will show her this. Hopefully she will log in the board.ie soon!

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Whereabouts are you?

I know St John's College in Cork do offer dog grooming courses (I am doing one at present), and think the duration is about two years.

I am not sure about other colleges though.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

Hi

I am currently doing a Home Study course through Kilroy College in Dublin. Its done at your own pace. You have 3 years to complete it. And you receive a Diploma at the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Thanks two of you!
    Home study sounds like a great idea as she is from skibbereen side of area. She likes to keep on working. I tell her and she google it up.

Did you (Aero28) enjoy the course and is it worth doing it?
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

Ya, I'm loving the course, i've been doing it for a year now, and i love learning all the different parts of it. Obviously, the Home Study course only offers you the book work, so you have to try and find some pets to practise on. I'm really enjoying it and i'm currently looking for some work experience at some grooming salons. But if you're working, its an ideal way to study it.

Advertisement