Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is going into the Cafe Bar Deli unit in Ranelagh

Options
  • 08-03-2011 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

Anyone know who is movng into this unit I see there is some work going on there today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Milano, by the looks of it - googled the name on the planning, Agenbite limited - Agenbite Limited, trading as "Milano", 38 Main Street Swords, County Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I consulted the runes and they said while the future is always in motion, it will probably be a overly pretentious, overpriced eaterie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

lainey316 wrote: »
    Milano, by the looks of it - googled the name on the planning, Agenbite limited - Agenbite Limited, trading as "Milano", 38 Main Street Swords, County Dublin.

Oh God, I hope not.I love, love Milano's and won't be able to resist its dough balls if its right on my doorstep!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

panda100 wrote: »
    Oh God, I hope not.I love, love Milano's and won't be able to resist its dough balls if its right on my doorstep!!

Heheheheheheheheheheehehehe. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

panda100 wrote: »

I just buy them in Tescos. €4 for 20. Yes, it's a recipe for fatty mcfatterson-ness, but, it's Milano dough balls. Irresistible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Milanos will do very well in Ranelagh if they're taking over that spot. Spoiled for choice in Ranelagh really when it comes to restaurants. One of my favourite areas in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

temply wrote: »
    Milanos will do very well in Ranelagh if they're taking over that spot. Spoiled for choice in Ranelagh really when it comes to restaurants. One of my favourite areas in Dublin.

Agreed, great town, loads of good bars, places to eat & other businesses around. No messers & lots of friendly people walking around enjoying a night out.

One of the best place's in Dublin to live imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Does anyone know when they are opening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

News is a "Delicatessen" is opening up in the Chart Busters that closed down.

Great news.

Hopefully its a Flemings style one with Butchers, lunch time sandwich coffee bar etc, etc

Its a massive premises as well.

Ranelagh is starting to get back to the old days now as a right busy little town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Ranelagh is already pretty well catered for in terms of Italian / Pizza restaurants. I can think of at least 4 ?

Can't help but wish it was a different type of restaurant opening...hey, i love pizza and there is plenty of choice for other types of restaurant, just a shame a pizza chain is opening instead of something different with a bit more character.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Ugh. Milan's is just a sit-down dominos. Horrible, overpriced food.

I am pie wrote: »
    Ranelagh is already pretty well catered for in terms of Italian / Pizza restaurants. I can think of at least 4 ?

Can't help but wish it was a different type of restaurant opening...hey, i love pizza and there is plenty of choice for other types of restaurant, just a shame a pizza chain is opening instead of something different with a bit more character.

Yeah have to agree. Milano's pizza are top notch & can be a bit pricey.

Something different would be nice instead of a chain of the same restaurants around Dublin.

Yeah have to agree. Milans pizza are top notch & can be a bit pricey.

Something different would be nice instead of a chain of the same restaurants around Dublin.

Plus Mario's is directly across the road.

Its like super Mario brothers. Mario & Milano!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 surf_chick

It's a pity that Bistro Bianconi just closed their fab takeaway pizza place around the corner. While Milano's will be good for the area, I too would prefer something different to Italian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

surf_chick wrote: »
    It's a pity that Bistro Bianconi just closed their fab takeaway pizza place around the corner. While Milano's will be good for the area, I too would prefer something different to Italian.

AIEEE ! No way, they are gone? What a gyp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

surf_chick wrote: »

Nooo! Really? Since I moved out of Ranelagh I've been craving their goat's cheese pizza. Oh no. Closed forever or just relocated?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Looks like its true - https://www.bistrobianconi.ie/pages/restaurants

Dublin is no longer listed.

edit - Appears to be re-opened under the original owner, same menu - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64710493

Advertisement