Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

51 hours to live...

• 08-03-2011 4:33pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/fy6yz/51_hours_left_to_live/
    On Tuesday I'll finally end my battle with cancer thanks to Oregon's Death with dignity act. As part of my preparations I've ended my pain medication and am trying to regain what little dignity and clarity I can.
    Who I was doesn't matter. I'm in pain, I'm tired and I'm finally being granted a small shred of respect. Feel free to AMA if you're so inclined.

This is a guy with cancer spending his last two days talking to people and answering questions, found it quite moving, his answers to questions and it's nice to see the offers of people to do a lot of things for him, from google maps to visiting him while he passes. Thousands of comments.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Aparently its fake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I call shenanigans.. No person would so this. If he had terminal cancer there's no way he would be able to sit there typing up paragraphs for peoples questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sykk wrote: »
    I call shenanigans.. No person would [d]o this.
    Demonstrably false.
    If he had terminal cancer there's no way he would be able to sit there typing up paragraphs for peoples questions.
    Is operating a keyboard really that exerting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

It's fake because taking those drugs via IV is illegal in Oregan. It's the little details that were wrong

edit: relevant link: http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2011/03/post_45.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

detective AH :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Overheal wrote: »
    Demonstrably false.
    Is operating a keyboard really that exerting?

When you have terminal cancer and not receiving pain medication, yes it is..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Fake or not I like the precision timing of his ETD.

"Delivery of IV solution in 51 hours or less or your cremation is free!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Fake or not, that reaffirmed my faith in humanity. The fact that so many people wanted to support, and gave time and effort to do so, is quite nice.

i'm not a big softie and if anyone says otherwise i'll get my sister to beat them up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

You're a redditor too?

Quelle surprise

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nowhere on the internet shall be left without some sexual ambiguity!

/cape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I can't help being skeptical about whether this is true or not, if someone really was on deaths door with cancer it seems unlikely :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

/seems like rubbish tbh,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Einhard wrote: »
    Fake or not, that reaffirmed my faith in humanity. The fact that so many people wanted to support, and gave time and effort to do so, is quite nice.

Yes and all that goodwill is slowly being eroded by spoofers like this.

Unfortunate that its fake from the human perspective. Lots of nice comments from people all over the world. I guess Reddit will have to firm up its AMA verification process.

Advertisement