Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does it really matter?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

I got an A in my poetry question in the leaving and I dealt with 2 poems in detail and talked about a 3rd - It was TS Eliot but still , its about the quality of information you give and how the question is asked.

If it was a question along the lines of ' Boland explores a diverse range of themes throughout her poetry' , you could'nt just pick one theme , discuss it in huge detail and relate it to two poems ... It's not what the question asked for! Hope that helps a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

PARARORY wrote: »
    I got an A in my poetry question in the leaving and I dealt with 2 poems in detail and talked about a 3rd - It was TS Eliot but still , its about the quality of information you give and how the question is asked.

If it was a question along the lines of ' Boland explores a diverse range of themes throughout her poetry' , you could'nt just pick one theme , discuss it in huge detail and relate it to two poems ... It's not what the question asked for! Hope that helps a bit :)

So say you're discussing themes, you would focus on 1 poem for a particular theme but surely you back it up with references to other poems by that poet. And then begin on the second or third theme and so on. By the end of this process you would have examined three poems in detail and mentioned a good 8-10 poems. Do you guys see something wrong with doing this?

Advertisement