Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury's price hike? (Slightly ranty)

Options
  • 08-03-2011 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Probably my biggest weakness on the planet is Moros.

I'm borderline addicted to them.

My local newsagents was out of them the other day so i bought a Star Bar.

Went in the following day, still out,so i bought another Star Bar... only this time the price had gone up 5 cents to 1.05

Eh?

Today my local super valu was also out of them.. so i went over to the petrol station.

Previously, Moros were 1.00 euro there..... now they're 1.09.

Am i just having a run of minor bad luck, or has there been an actual price hike on both Moros and Star bars?

It's little to be annoyed about in the greater scheme of things...yet i find myself somewhat disgruntled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I read somewhere that they had to hike practically all their prices as the price of cocoa was high. If their ingredients are costing them more, their products will sadly cost us more.

I've found with several of their new wrappers, have come a smaller bar too.

With Time Out's new wardrobe change, came a drop in weight.

It used to weigh 50g when it was first released, then it dropped to 41g..
    Now the 2 finger pack weighs 32g...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I honestly can't remember the last time I bought a single bar from a big brand, they are crazy expensive compared to mulitpacks. Loads of bars are 5 for €2 in the 2euro shops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

It has been years since i brought a single bar, i always buy multi packs now but i guess im missing out on some good bars as i can only buy so many multipacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jesus Christ!! A measly chocolate bar is 1E??!! That's insane! It's been years since i actually went into a shop to buy one but they used to be like 50p at the time....ah those were the days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sure you can get a 200g bar of chocolate in lidl for 99c!

I haven't bought a single chocolate bar in years, lidl chocolate + crunchie multipacks ftw

• Advertisement
Advertisement