Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old waterford crystal carpark across from the RSC

• 08-03-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

anyone know whats going to be bulit there?..i see machines in there today..i remember an aldi or lidl was to go in a few year back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

ALDI is opening up a store there. Was supposed to go ahead years ago but got held up by a planning appeal. It subsequently received approval but what with the recession just after hitting I reckon they held off till thing calmed a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

I've known what's going in there for a while. There's a mind blowing announcement coming soon.....most posters here probably won't want to go but they'll all hope it's a success as it'll be good for Waterford....watch this space....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

newportwex wrote: »
    I've known what's going in there for a while. There's a mind blowing announcement coming soon.....most posters here probably won't want to go but they'll all hope it's a success as it'll be good for Waterford....watch this space....

Is it retail or something totally out of keeping with what is in the area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

It don't have planning permission for anything other than a car park :confused:

Is it retail or something totally out of keeping with what is in the area?

Sorry mate you'll have to wait for the announcement, there'll be a mind blowing website up and running soon I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Sorry mate you'll have to wait for the announcement, there'll be a mind blowing website up and running soon I think.

I heard they'll have mind blowing savings such as "50 cent".... off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

I'd hate to ruin the excitement but the only thing with planning permission is:
    Development consisting of a single storey Aldi discount foodstore (1,476sqm gfa, 990sqm nfa) including the sale of alcohol for consumption off the premises, loading bay, cash transfer hatch, bin store, trolley bay, delivery area, 95 car parking spaces, new access from Ashe Road, new access to gas station, pedestrian access, bicycle stands, signage and all associated landscaping, retaining wall, boundary treatment, attenuation area and site development works, all on a site of approximately 1.0729 hectares

ATMs and bike stands don't exactly blow my mind, not sure about yours newportwex ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

JASUS YOU WOULD POST ANY OLD DRIVEL TO GET TO ONE HUNDRED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

::: dusts down stool and stares at the space::::

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

This a dream you had?

• Advertisement

wellboytoo wrote: »
    JASUS YOU WOULD POST ANY OLD DRIVEL TO GET TO ONE HUNDRED

This is starting to get sad bro, following me from thread to thread trying to bask in my glory...put me on ignore if you don't like what the big dawg NPW has to say....otherwise just sit back and enjoy the magic..

Peace out.

Advertisement