Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UNDER SIEGE 3- Fight show on May 20th

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yay, good crowd now.

Just about to kick off, exciting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Some really well matched fights at this so far - and awesome to see Mark Leonard return as MC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

what time is mmairelandfan on at ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

If Barrys facebook captions are to be believed then i'm believing that Grant is ecstatic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Anyone got any results? According to Ais The Bash's Facebook Keith Coady beat Grant Carroll in the 2nd round, by Mata Leon. Well done Keith! SBG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Great show Barry, well done to you and all involved,
    Looking forward to battlezone now.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Great show all round, defo recommended.

Here's some rough results (rough because I'm hanging :o )

These are unofficial and subject to correction.

Keith Cody -v- Grant Carroll - For the life of me I can remember, but it was a sub (oh my head hurts).

Rob Wynn -v- James Henderson - Rd one, ref stoppage due to G and P.. Good call by the ref.

Darragh Harte -v- Anesh Bugwandeen. Cracking bout while it lasted. Harte win's by armbar in Rd one.. Darraghs jitz is very slick.. Even in training and at over 50kgs heavier I find it next to impossibe to control the lad.

Billy Sines -v- Alekrantras Akimovas - No contest, not sure exactly what happened here.

Shane Lanigan -v- Joe Mady.. Went the distance, Lanigan by decision.

Micheal Auzempamber -v- Gary Mannion.. Mannion, ref stoppage due to G+P in Rd II.

Conor Hughes -v- Blaine O'Driscoll .. Hughes by decision.

Adam Caffery -v- Ellis Dolan - Caffery RNC Rd 1.

Denis Ohetari -v- Dylan McAuley. .. Denis armbar in Rd1.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dave92

Great show all round, defo recommended.

Here's some rough results (rough because I'm hanging :o )

These are unofficial and subject to correction.

Keith Cody -v- Grant Carroll - For the life of me I can remember, but it was a sub (oh my head hurts).

Rob Wynn -v- James Henderson - Rd one, ref stoppage due to G and P.. Good call by the ref.

Darragh Harte -v- Anesh Bugwandeen. Cracking bout while it lasted. Harte win's by armbar in Rd one.. Darraghs jitz is very slick.. Even in training and at over 50kgs heavier I find it next to impossibe to control the lad.

Billy Sines -v- Alekrantras Akimovas - No contest, not sure exactly what happened here.

Shane Lanigan -v- Joe Mady.. Went the distance, Lanigan by decision.

Micheal Auzempamber -v- Gary Mannion.. Auzempamber, ref stoppage due to G+P in Rd II.

Conor Hughes -v- Blaine O'Driscoll .. Hughes by decision.

Adam Caffery -v- Ellis Dolan - Caffery RNC Rd 1.

Denis Ohetari -v- Dylan McAuley. .. Denis armbar in Rd1.

it was gary mannion who won by ref stoppage in his fight with micheal auzempamber

dave92 wrote: »
    it was gary mannion who won by ref stoppage in his fight with micheal auzempamber

Amended, but you've quoted my mistake & that can't be corrected!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Boards ate a big long reply I had typed out! Grrr.

I had the Carroll/Coady fight going differently to the way the report suggests. I thought Grant had taken round 1 by a hair and that round 2 was going much more like the way we wanted it. Ultimately, there were 2 opportunities to finish the fight and Keith took his. I thought it was a great contest, I wish we could have seen more of it it moved at 100 miles an hour. Easily my fight of the night.

My sub of the night has to be Darah Harte's though I wish he'd saved it for another day :)

The NC was a shame as I've heard that was developing into a great fight!

Overall I have to say this was one of the most enjoyable nights I've had as a promoter. Despite a later than advertised start, everything went as smoothly as could be and the crowd were great too.

My very special thanks go to:
    Lucan MMA
    Rush Fight Academy
    SBG
    Point Blank
    Xtreme
    Performance Martial Arts

To the sponsors:
    Olimp
    Performance Martial Arts
    Pro Custom Gumshields

To the guys from my gym, Kyuzo, who despite having no gym for 3 weeks of their camp and training in loaned gyms, building sites and parks, put in 5 great performances that deserved more wins, but we took 5 tough fights as always against tough opponents.

Thanks to the medical team, the team of officials (Andy, Dave, Garry, Conor) timekeeper Stephen, DJ Doctor Capper, Strabane Fight Team for the loan of the cage, security (the baldies) and of course Whitehall Colmcille who always look after an ex-player, even if he was always crap.

As is the style of the time, I'd like to invite you all to The Fight Before Christmas 4 on December 2nd 2011. It's going to be another night to remember!

Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Well run show as always Barry, well done.

2 wins from 2 for Point Blank so I was happy.

Very enjoyable main event. Grant's game plan seemed to be working really well until he made that one mistake. That's MMA for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

bit late...but quick thanks from me :)

...also thought there was a wonderful 'irish' moment back stage. one of the cornermen drinking while warming his fighters up. i had to ask him to move his pint out of the way so we could warm up. never thought i'd have to ask promoters to kindly request no teams bring alcohol into the changing rooms. 'fail to prepare then prepare to fail' comes to mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

And then they wonder why they lose. Muppets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

bit late...but quick thanks from me :)

...also thought there was a wonderful 'irish' moment back stage. one of the cornermen drinking while warming his fighters up. i had to ask him to move his pint out of the way so we could warm up. never thought i'd have to ask promoters to kindly request no teams bring alcohol into the changing rooms. 'fail to prepare then prepare to fail' comes to mind...
    I was going to say "well that's a new one" but actually, I've seen it a lot at other shows.

Going to have to add that one to the list. Mind you it'll feel like hanging a "no smoking" sign in a petrol station.

• Advertisement
Advertisement