Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domino in the Rotunda v Private Consultant

Options
  • 08-03-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi there

Can anyone give advice on which of these is better?

I am eligible and have been told I can go on the Domino scheme but was thinking of going fully private. We have saved up the money and so it doesn't come down to that, we're happy to spend it if it's better.

It's the first and I am over 35. Have had an 8 week miscarriage and a very early one after that again.

Any observations appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I can (my wife can) vouch for the Domino scheme in Holles St, its a truly great system, with great aftercare service too, including midwife calls to your house to see how mother & baby are doing, the midwifes are trained in England (ours were), and we cant speak highly enough of the Domino scheme, 'however' I should add that we have no experience of miscarrage, so I don't know how that might colour your thoughts. I can vouch for the 'top midwife' from the Rotunda though, her name is Margaret Finnegan-Feenan, she has been on the TV giving advice, we have also been very impressed with her Antenatal classes in Mothercare Carrickmines.

Good luck, and all the best to you, give the midwifes a call, and maybe go in and have a chat with Margaret if you can?

Advertisement