Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Sockets Stopped Working?

Options
  • 08-03-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

I've got a problem in my kitchen and i'm wondering if anyone would have any possible explanations or might have seen the same problem themselves - any advice would be much appreciated. All the sockets in my kitchen bar two have stopped working.

Made a coffee last saturday morning and two hours later came down to find i couldn't make another and all the sockets bar the fridge and microwave were dead. Nothing tripped so i assume (rightly or wrongly) that all fuses are fine.

If anyone could point me in the right direction and save me from paying a hefty call out fee for an electrician for something that i think is probably quite small, i'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Dara
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

If nothing has tripped and the two sockets which are working are on the same circuit, it sounds like a broken phase or neutral.

Open up the sockets, see can you find a poor connection perhaps one has popped out. Be careful though turn off power 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

Turn off every breaker and turn them back on, somtimes a breaker can trip but the switch is still up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dararyder

Thanks a million.

It was a loose wire in one of the sockets after all. Followed your advice and had it fixed it 10 minutes. Cheers.

Dara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If one wire's loose, I would suggest that you turn off the power and check all of them as it says something about the quality of workmanship that was carried out!

Advertisement