Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice on trail runner for adventure races?

Options
  • 08-03-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm new to adventure racing and looking for advice on buying a pair of runners for adventure races, wide feet, slight over pronation. Any advice on brands or shops will be much appreciated please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

I'm new to adventure racing and looking for advice on buying a pair of runners for adventure races, wide feet, slight over pronation. Any advice on brands or shops will be much appreciated please?

Amphibian king is the usual suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

I think nearly all trail shoes and hillrunning shoes are neutral so just get a pair that fit the shape of your foot, something like the Saloman XA pro or the Columbia Ravenous are good all-rounders.

Don't get anything waterproof or goretex'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Good sale on trail runners in 53Degrees in Carrickmines, last weekend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Salomon XR CrossMax comes in either a neutral or 'guidance' stability/support type shoe. Probably be idea for an adventure race, where it could involve a road/trail mix.
    http://www.salomonrunning.com/us/minisites/xr/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Did I read that you just bought a pair of those Krusty, how are you getting on with them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 josh79

i bought a pair of inov8 315 this morn they seem very comfortable i got them in Amphibian king ballymount where they checked my gait and sampled a few different brands before i settled on the inov8 the staff where v nice and friendly and really knew what they where talking about just need to hit the trail in the morn and see how i get on with them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Did I read that you just bought a pair of those Krusty, how are you getting on with them ?
    I did buy a pair, with a view to wearing them for the WW ultra. On the day I decided to stick with road running shoes, thanks to some solid advice.

But yeah, I find them very good on all types of terrain (road/trail/rock/shale/fire road). Haven't worn them for an IMRA race, which will be the real baptism of fire, but will do so at the earliest opportunity. There's a lot of cushioning on them, which I'm not used to (even in my road shoes) but they feel comfortable and are pretty light.

Advertisement