Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson vivaz

Options
  • 08-03-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

my partner got one of these 6 months ago. last month The usb port for charging and connecting to computer came loose when disconnecting the cable after charging? Returned it to meteor's s.e. Repair company who returned it unrepaired and with the usb port gone completely with note saying damaged due to user misuse, warranty void. So meteor won't do anything because repair company won't admit design issue. Phonereview.co.UK have a review of the vivaz. There is 161 posts after the article, and there are over 50 people with the same problem. S.e. Won't admit the problem is with the phone. And meteor here, and other phone companies mentioned on the site are covered by the repair companies opinions that it's misuse causing the problem. We're now stuck with no phone and another six months contract to pay. Small claims court beckons. Avoid this phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Send it back directly to Sony Ericsson for repair. If it's a know fault they should fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

the problem is that Sony won't recognize it as a known fault. They say the same thing, misuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have actually had this problem repaired under warranty, and by Sony too, so persist with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

there should be another thread around and the same thing happened me. Thankfully cfw got il sorted. Only a matter of time before it breaks again i think

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mksmhs

Did you manage to get phone repaired as my son has a similar problem? He had phone less than two months and there charging port became faulty, Sony E or the shop will not take responsibility therefore I am going through the small claims. Its an on going problem there is even a discussion on Sonys own website!! The phone came back 'user damage'. Its same old, same old either that or moisture damage when are phone companies going to admit to design faults??

• Advertisement

mksmhs wrote: »
    Did you manage to get phone repaired as my son has a similar problem? He had phone less than two months and there charging port became faulty, Sony E or the shop will not take responsibility therefore I am going through the small claims. Its an on going problem there is even a discussion on Sonys own website!! The phone came back 'user damage'. Its same old, same old either that or moisture damage when are phone companies going to admit to design faults??
    I Got mine fixed by carphonewarehouse no fuss. Its under warrenty for a year. Under the sale of goods act you are entitled to a repair. Goods that are sold should be of merchantable quality. This obviously was not. Tell em you bring it to the director of consumer affairs. Just out of interest where did you buy it

btw the contract is between you and the shop not you and sony ericsson.don't let them pawn you off. A repair should be offered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nichola78

Well the same thing has just happened to me after having the phone 10 weeks. Meteor say they can't do anything about it, as the repair centre said I damaged it, I'd like to know how ha.. Anyway I am thinking small claims court.

Advertisement