If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powered Subwoofer

Options
  • 08-03-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Big fan but as of yet havn't made a purchase.

I'm currently in a bit of a pickle. Basically I got a Onkyo Receiver for xmas which is great but my speakers belong to a samsung cinema system which uses a passive subwoofer. However my receiver only has a powered connection for a subwoofer so now I need to either sell the whole cinema kit or buy a powered subwoofer and ditch the passive one (bit of a waste).

So unless you have any great speaker package around the 250 - 300 mark and I can sell the samsung set or would you have a decent powered subwoofer for under 100 quid.

Cheers guys

Niall

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Deadalus wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Big fan but as of yet havn't made a purchase.

I'm currently in a bit of a pickle. Basically I got a Onkyo Receiver for xmas which is great but my speakers belong to a samsung cinema system which uses a passive subwoofer. However my receiver only has a powered connection for a subwoofer so now I need to either sell the whole cinema kit or buy a powered subwoofer and ditch the passive one (bit of a waste).

So unless you have any great speaker package around the 250 - 300 mark and I can sell the samsung set or would you have a decent powered subwoofer for under 100 quid.

Cheers guys

Niall

Niall,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I have lots of options for you!

If you want a decent but not expensive speaker pack - I can highly recommend the Tannoy SFX 5.1 which is just £199.95 / €239.99 and includes the active powered subwoofer: http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx5.1-blk

If you want to go a little higher we have the Boston Soundware XSB5.1 speaker pack (available in black or white (it looks great in white) at £269.95 / €319.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/boston-/soundware-xs/bost-acous-sw-xs-whi

Alternatively - if you wanted to go the separates route and build up a really excellent speaker system slowly, I have ONE Brand new Boston MCS100 subwoofer in white WITH Matching Centre speaker (part of an much larger Boston pack that we installed last week & we didn't use the sub or centre) that I would clear out at £129.95 / €149.99 - this would allow you some budget to get a decent pair of rears & fronts in the future to complinent the Sub & centre.

Thanks again for the opportunity to quote and as ever, keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Deadalus

Thanks for getting back to me. It all sounds very tempting but I think I'd be interested in the last product you told me about with the centre and sub. Thing is everything I have in the whole TV set up is black - from the sky box to the xbox!!!! So I'll hold out until a black one comes up. As soon as you guys get one you would recommend going cheap let me know and I'll definately take it off you.

Thanks guys and keep me in mind if anything else turns up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bobtait

Hi John,

How much for just the new Boston MCS100 subwoofer in white and will it work with a Denon UD-M31?

Thanks,

Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.