Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardeaux bring home the title!

• 08-03-2011 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

As you all know, we have a Boards.ie Football Team, we're called Boardeaux, we've been going since August 2006, and play 2 Seasons every year (Summer & Winter).

This winter was our 9th Season, and today we've won the league!

Here's the season's results.

I'm very happy about this!

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!
    Post edited by Shield on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Congrats Des! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Well done Des!

Got a team photo we could use to announce, please?

Cheers

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

FanTASTICKS! Congrats all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Darragh wrote: »
    Well done Des!

Got a team photo we could use to announce, please?

Cheers

Darragh

I don't have a current team photo Darragh:(

Sorry, this is just a flying visit, I'm off to the pub :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Congrats Des & the team!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Congratulations Des, enjoy the night!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fair play! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Brilliant stuff lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Congrats to Des and all the lads. The team has come a long way since those early kick abouts down the Phoenix Park! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Congrats to Des and all the lads. The team has come a long way since those early kick abouts down the Phoenix Park! :D

Aye, I have a well placed source that reckons Boardeaux were brutal, wait til I tell him about this. :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Congrats Des, well done to all on the team!

A disappointment I'm sure that you didn't get to play the last game, but no less a great achievement, congrats!

Astropark website seems to have been boardsdotted. I presume this means a promotion to a higher division or something?

seamus wrote: »
    Astropark website seems to have been boardsdotted. I presume this means a promotion to a higher division or something?

it's not astropark, it's astro.ie :)

It's blocked for me in work, but I'll get a final table posted here later this evening.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Woo Hoo another season over

No more washing uniforms for 4 weeks

I am soooo excited :rolleyes:

Edit: they only started winnning when i started using fabric softner so i deserve all the glory and praise

Well done all \o/

Here's the final table.

table-1.jpg

Most goals scored.

Least goals conceded.

You can't see there, but we also had the most clean sheets, 7.

There is a trophy for the team with the best defence, so we should get that. Our Keeper will probably win an individual award too.

The only thing we didn't win was the Top Scorer, which is a good thing imo, we weren't relying on one person to get all of our goals, in fact, 14 different lads scored for us this season, including the goalkeeper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Des wrote: »
    14 different lads scored for us this season, including the goalkeeper :)

penalty or desperate last minute run upfield or something else :)

jaykay74 wrote: »
    penalty or desperate last minute run upfield or something else :)

Think it was a free kick in our own half which he took, or else just a goal kick.

Anyway, he kicked it so long it went over everyone, then bounced between their last defender an the keeper and somehow ended up in the net. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

That's brilliant going, well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Good man gaffer! Great result lads, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well done Des and congrats to all involved.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Absolutely terrific. Well done Des and the lads you are a credit to the site! Fnckin' delighted for ye!!

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hang on... how did our goalie score for us?? What sort of formation are you playing Mr Manager 0-0-11 ?? :P

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Hang on... how did our goalie score for us?? What sort of formation are you playing Mr Manager 0-0-11 ?? :P

DeV.
    Des wrote: »
    Think it was a free kick in our own half which he took, or else just a goal kick.

Anyway, he kicked it so long it went over everyone, then bounced between their last defender an the keeper and somehow ended up in the net. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Do you go up a division now or just defend your title next season or is it like Argentina with the open/close season champions?

not quite.

The "division" you are in is a function of the night you choose to play. Tuesday nights suits this team, so we play on Tuesday evenings.

Of the ten teams in the division, usually 7 or 8 of them are the same. Some teams only play the Summer Leagues, some teams drop out, some move day.

There are enough "regular" teams there for us to defend the title in the new season, we'd know them from playing against them nearly every season.

Tuesday Champs!!

DeV.