Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning body groomer to Argos

Options
  • 08-03-2011 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭

Hello

I recieved a gift of a philips body groomer, I tried it for a few mins and it is not worth a sh1te

It was bought in Argos and I have the receipt

Would one be able to return this ? i.e after me using it ?

Obviusoly I wopuld wash it and make sure it was in perfect and clean condition before attempting to return

Anyone know if I could return something like this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

obi604 wrote: »

Obviusoly I wopuld wash it and make sure it was in perfect and clean condition before attempting to return
    I doubt it, they have a little crucifix icon beside stuff that is exempt, shavers usually are, so would computer games and digital cameras since people use argos as a rental store for those items, and the others are dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts moved to new thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Hello

I recieved a gift of a philips body groomer, I tried it for a few mins and it is not worth a sh1te

The only way you could return it is it it was faulty. Of course then they could just replace it with a functioning one.

Cant really blame them for not accepting it back for hygiene reasons. I'll put it to you this way. Would you like to buy a brand new electric razor or nose trimmer with the possibility that someone had used it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭obi604

kendragon wrote: »
    The only way you could return it is it it was faulty. Of course then they could just replace it with a functioning one.

Cant really blame them for not accepting it back for hygiene reasons. I'll put it to you this way. Would you like to buy a brand new electric razor or nose trimmer with the possibility that someone had used it before?

Ah, to be honest I was just enquiring, and no I would not like to buy a product that had been used by someone else. Its just annoying when you buy a product like this and cant really test it, I had read reviews alright about it and seemed ok, but sure then every person is different . but for me wasnt worth a ****e, so more a less just bought something, used it, found out its crap and now just have to throw it out, just a bit annoying : )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Ah, to be honest I was just enquiring, and no I would not like to buy a product that had been used by someone else. Its just annoying when you buy a product like this and cant really test it, I had read reviews alright about it and seemed ok, but sure then every person is different . but for me wasnt worth a ****e, so more a less just bought something, used it, found out its crap and now just have to throw it out, just a bit annoying : )

You could bring it back as faulty and get a new one. You may have actually got a faulty one, no harm in trying a 2nd one as it won't cost you anything but time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hello

Uggh thats manky ..

BZZZZZ ... AHH JAYSUS ME STUBBLE .. i'm bringing this shoite back.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

body groomer
    I'd say, like underwear, this would be one of them things you can't bring back after "trying it out"...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

the_syco wrote: »
    I'd say, like underwear, this would be one of them things you can't bring back after "trying it out"...

You can still bring it back IF it's faulty or not as described. Consumer law will ensure that you can bring it back when there is a genuine reason for doing so.

However, if it's just a case of "I don't like it" etc, then you can't bring it back.

If you feel that this bodygroomer is genuinely not working as intended, then bring it back it and see what they say.

Advertisement