Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player sent off for tackling streaker

• 08-03-2011 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this was posted....havant and waterlooville player sent off for rugby tackling a streaker. seems a bit harsh but afaik its part of the rules so the ref was right to send him off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Yea, tis in the rules, not that i know of many players who read rule books.

Were talking about it on talksport earlier, darren gough was saying that one time they had security at some cricket games who were ex rugby players, one of them tackled 2 lads dressed up as a pantomime cow who came onto the pitch (steamed into the back end) and did some real damage to him. Had to change the security rules and get folk in who were not that fit or strong to 'shepperd' folk off who streaked.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Those stewerds were a great help

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

That was a good takedown in fairness. Poor auld Borat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

daithijjj wrote: »
    Yea, tis in the rules, not that i know of many players who read rule books.

Were talking about it on talksport earlier, darren gough was saying that one time they had security at some cricket games who were ex rugby players, one of them tackled 2 lads dressed up as a pantomime cow who came onto the pitch (steamed into the back end) and did some real damage to him. Had to change the security rules and get folk in who were not that fit or strong to 'shepperd' folk off who streaked.

Because the fit and strong can't show restraint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My favourite bit was the other team clearly didn't want the player sent off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

IvySlayer wrote: »
    My favourite bit was the other team clearly didn't want the player sent off :)

Yeah, me too, first time i've seen that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The stewards were pretty useless in that situation

If the club review this, their supervisor should be in asking what happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Didn't Dennis Wise take down a streaker back in the 90's? There's no need for players to get involved at all unless they're being hassled.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Didn't Dennis Wise take down a streaker back in the 90's? There's no need for players to get involved at all unless they're being hassled.
    Yeah but you can understand their frustration, especially with it taking so long for the stewards to do anything

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Because the fit and strong can't show restraint?

Who knows what idiocy goes on in these meetings to decide on such matters but that is what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I thought Felliani was out injured............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

major bill wrote: »
    Dont know if this was posted....havant and waterlooville player sent off for rugby tackling a streaker. seems a bit harsh but afaik its part of the rules so the ref was right to send him off. QUOTE]

It was actually a Dorchester player but......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the player got a bum deal:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

major bill wrote: »
    Dont know if this was posted....havant and waterlooville player sent off for rugby tackling a streaker. seems a bit harsh but afaik its part of the rules so the ref was right to send him off.

think that ref is gay, flopping his hands everywhere and prancing around like a ballerina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Bit of a high tackle, shouldve done it the Graham Stack way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Schmeichel still my favourite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Ian Walker's was one of my favourites. Cannot find a video of it though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

think that ref is gay, flopping his hands everywhere and prancing around like a ballerina

I think you are a homophobe.
    Quality. Fair play to him.
    RasTa wrote: »
    Schmeichel still my favourite

One thing I love about that is the icy stare Schmeichel gives the Galatasary players when they try starting on him at the end. They change their minds about getting in his face fairly quickly:D

Edit: d'uh forgot to mention the OP. Great take down. And the thread title made me properly laugh even before I watched the vid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

It's funny how hard man number two (who kicks him) fairly backs off when he know stack is going to defend himself. Brilliant video :D

Advertisement