Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky agents overcharging me

• 08-03-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

there is a company in Limerick called Premier digital and we set up with then 7 months ago because we have no phone line we were advised that the installation cost would be 50.00. which I paid. A month ago I rang them to say that I was moving & they gave me the engineers number so that I could arrage this with him. I contacted the engineer. He advised me that a relocation cost would be 50.00. I aggredd & appointment was made, he told me not to bring the dish as he would be providing a new dish & thats why there was a cost of 50.00. He came out on 18th Feb to set up box, I paid him 50.00. later that night I discovered we could not record anything, after many reboots etc over the following days I rang the engineer & told him what was going on again. He called back out again for 10 minutes & told us the poor signal was because we were connected the a communial dish (apartment block) that we need to ask Landlord can we hook up our own dish. I got permission from out landlord called to make another appontment and was advised by engineer that there would be a further cost of 35.00. I agreed only because I was so fed up with poor service. Engineer hadvised me he would contact me to make app when he could, after many calls made to him I finally rang the office in Limerick & the lady there had the cheek to tell me it was nothing to do with them, what goes on between customer & engineers is nothing to do with them & its not their fault we decided to move. She told me that engineer would noo make app for nearly two weeks & she gave me another engineers number who told me he could do it next day for 85.00. I rang sky head office & was advised its between me & company, when I ring company they tell me its between me & engineers all the while I am tied into a contract with sky and receiving poor service that I have to pay even more money to get fixed

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

If you cant get it sorted Forget about this crowd and these so called Engineers.
    Try Steveon he posts here on Boards and is based in Limerick http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68013269.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

why dont you just use sky to do the job. you dont need to have a phone line to get sky installed. only for multiroom. they will charge you but least its a proper job and you have a come back if you have any issues with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Who on earth are Premier Digital? Sounds like a scam - you should have dealt directly with Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

JDxtra wrote: »
    Who on earth are Premier Digital? Sounds like a scam - you should have dealt directly with Sky.

I heard of them before,they are real but some chancers when it comes to charging customers for work.Basically just a crowd with an ASA number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Are there one or two cables coming in from the communal system? I suspect this may be the issue.

Sky AFAIK are charging 150 for service calls, I'd imagine a good independent would charge a lot less.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

zerks wrote: »
    I heard of them before,they are real but some chancers when it comes to charging customers for work.Basically just a crowd with an ASA number.

Thats the problem with SKY digital there is so many ways now to get it installed the ordinary Joe thinks that if he signs up with a Door to Door or a Kiosk that he is dealing directly with Sky which is not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

PremierDigital are located in just outside Birdhill in Co.Tipp on way into Ballina,Kilaloo and have a stall in Arthurs Key Shopping centre.

Which apparment block are you in Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

xxbrady wrote: »
    there is a company in Limerick called Premier digital and we set up with then 7 months ago because we have no phone line we were advised that the installation cost would be 50.00. which I paid. A month ago I rang them to say that I was moving & they gave me the engineers number so that I could arrage this with him. I contacted the engineer. He advised me that a relocation cost would be 50.00. I aggredd & appointment was made, he told me not to bring the dish as he would be providing a new dish & thats why there was a cost of 50.00. He came out on 18th Feb to set up box, I paid him 50.00. later that night I discovered we could not record anything, after many reboots etc over the following days I rang the engineer & told him what was going on again. He called back out again for 10 minutes & told us the poor signal was because we were connected the a communial dish (apartment block) that we need to ask Landlord can we hook up our own dish. I got permission from out landlord called to make another appontment and was advised by engineer that there would be a further cost of 35.00. I agreed only because I was so fed up with poor service. Engineer hadvised me he would contact me to make app when he could, after many calls made to him I finally rang the office in Limerick & the lady there had the cheek to tell me it was nothing to do with them, what goes on between customer & engineers is nothing to do with them & its not their fault we decided to move. She told me that engineer would noo make app for nearly two weeks & she gave me another engineers number who told me he could do it next day for 85.00. I rang sky head office & was advised its between me & company, when I ring company they tell me its between me & engineers all the while I am tied into a contract with sky and receiving poor service that I have to pay even more money to get fixed

He told you he was charging you for a new dish and then went and connected you to a communal dish in the apartment block? He now wants another €35 to do what he said he was going to do originally?

Go somewhere else, fast.

Advertisement