Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nextivity Cellfi Repeater

Options
  • 08-03-2011 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

I am testing the nextivity 3g repeater (operator issued) in an area where my phone had typically, 1 to 2 bars of 3g coverage very variable and constantly changing.

plugged in the nextivity cellfi units ( one by a window the other in a different room ), gave it a few minutes to settle down, and now i am getting 5 full bars permanently on my phone in 3g mode.

due to RF licensing issues, they only come in the 3g frequency bands, so will only improve 3g signal.

unlike the sure signal, no DSL line is required to use this.

very impressed, nice bit of kit. I assume it will improve mobile broadband signal also? must test that out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

That looks very interesting. I use a vodafone hotspot for broadband. It's fine for most things but I get a lot of problems with skype. I would be very interested in how you got on with the broadband signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

How much did it cost and where can I get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 b_king

www.cel-fi.com is their US site, you can see if you can get it there- just click 'get cel-fi' and it gives you a series of questions to answer.

Or try calling customer service to see if you can be part of the trial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

b_king wrote: »
    www.cel-fi.com is their US site, you can see if you can get it there- just click 'get cel-fi' and it gives you a series of questions to answer.

Or try calling customer service to see if you can be part of the trial

i dont think you can buy direct from nextivity, you have to get from the network operator, as far as i am aware, they cost 4-5 hundred euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

would be quite interested in something like this to boost signal coverage for voice calls also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement