Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Remote for Canon 5D 1D 1DS mark III II MCC3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I use either a Calumet brand radio wireless for about 100ft and under, great set they can even use the half press to autofocus or the pocketwizards 100ft - 1000ft but preset focus.

The Calumet brand cost around £40 from their Belfast shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Pixel Pro Digital Camera 100M Wireless Shutter Remote Control Release for Canon EOS 1D 1Ds Mark II III IV 5D Mark II 7D 50D 40D 30D 20D 10D
    by Pixel

I use one of these on my Nikon D700 and find it excellent. So far has never missed a shot. It has half button focus, multiple shots and timer.
    I bought it on Amazon.co.uk from Pixel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I have one of those as well. It works fine but it's not 100% reliable and misfires at times but for €20 you can't go wrong really.

You can only trigger a camera by hand pressing a button on the transmitter. It doesn't work like a pocket wizard where you can trigger a camera by either hand pressing a button on the transmitter or by pressing the shutter on another camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Not wireless, but for $40, I got one of these from Deal Extreme.

I used it for a stop motion test (200 frames) with my Canon 400D, and it was perfect.

Advertisement