Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tom-tom live services

Options
  • 08-03-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

All,

just got a new Go 950 - my 930 was stolen during my last trip abroad.

So the live services does not appear to be working in Ireland - Error code 1001. So I checked out Tomtom website and it appears live services is only available in ireland with a GO 1000'

Is this correct. Does anybody know if there is any plans to rollout live services to 950 model

T

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Live services are available on the Go 1000 & Go 1005 at present.
    There are no plans to have live services in Ireland on the GO 950.
    Bring it back to wherever you got it & demand it be replaced .
    They all know quite well what the live devices here are.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Can you manually enter co-ordinates to navigate to with the 1005 device?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes..
    Navigate to
    Arrow across to second page
    Latitude Longitude.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Thanks koolkid - think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get one soon. Have some vouchers for Argos (or halfords if they get it for the Axa discount) so may look into one when they are being stocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mark_b

the via live has the live services also. the only issue is the speed locations are all wrong and they won't fix the issue

• Advertisement

Are you getting alerts on Via live?
    How do you mean the locations are wrong?
    Remember its notifying you of the enforcement zones, there may or may not be a camera at the location you are warned about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mark_b

they told me that the via live works with full live services in Ireland.

No my XL beeps for 2 miles as if your in a zone then stops and does nothing while passing the sign to tell you that your entering the zone sand i have passed the map from garda.,ie of all locations to them no propper responce from them.

Not working at all and paid good money for the devise

Have you a trouble ticket opened with support?
    If so forward it to me & I will chase it up for you.

Advertisement