Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VSR/BAR 10 hop up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Yes, deffinately.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Thanks Firekitten. Does it take a standard barrel or what? (just in case)

works with vsr type barrels, identical 'shape' to normal hop. straight swap.

Where can I get VSR type barrels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Tommy Griffen

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    Where can I get VSR type barrels?

I have a firefly hop-up rubber and a 6.03 ak 460mm tight bore barrel in my bar-10 and its amazing:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Firesupport and ehobby stock vsr tightbores, but the pdi hop unit allows aeg type barrels... not really worth the outlay for that AND a barrel when vsr type ones exist mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Tommy Griffen

Firekitten wrote: »
    Firesupport and ehobby stock vsr tightbores, but the pdi hop unit allows aeg type barrels... not really worth the outlay for that AND a barrel when vsr type ones exist mind.

Are you sure about that firekitten because my jg bar-10 took the aeg barrel and hop up rubber no problem without having to change the hop unit

I've had a vsr and bar 10... both had the same style hopup and hop rubber.

While it will 'take' the aeg rubber, it doesnt have the nub that stops the whole setup twisting inside the hop unit, and the barrel doesnt ahve the right grooving to work with the vsr hop rubber. The two work together. They sure fit, but when that barrel twists, your hopup effect drops to zero... plus the 'bar' over the back of the aeg barrel behind the hop 'hole' stops the vsr's bar putting the same pressure on the vsr type barrel it can with the right barrel shape, so less is more, but for the aeg one, more is less...?

Advertisement