Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forge Student Accommodation Dublin 1

Options
  • 08-03-2011 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I was looking into student accommodation for the summer. I was thinking about the forge. All I am looking for is just a reasonable enough place, nothing fancy but adequate.

Would anyone reccomend the Forge? Any experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

I lived in another development beside there for over a year. As an area I can't really recommend it. There is quite a lot of antisocial behaviour and worse around. Some incidents when I was living there included:

Myself and a friend getting mugged. Granted it was at night. However I know of at least three other muggings that occurred while I lived there, including in broad daylight. Once I came out of my block and there was a bunch of Gardai standing around a cordoned off area outside the Steelworks and a lot of blood on the pavement. Apparently someone had been randomly attacked.

A car was set alight on the street when I was there. Apparently this had happened before in the area

Car break ins were a regular occurrence

Junkies/tramps/pissheads tend to loiter around the streets there a lot, probably due to its proximity to the Amiens Street methadone clinic

These undesirables managed to get into our block on a few occassions

It's really not worth the hassle. Yes, it is central but I reckon you could do a lot better elsewhere.

Advertisement