Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL (non-NGB) in Manorhamilton, Leitrim - recommend an ISP

• 08-03-2011 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was asked for some information about broadband options in Manorhamilton in Co. Leitrim for someone moving to to the town itself i.e. very short distance from the exchange, so the line should be pretty good.

I'm with Smart Telecom unbundled 24mbit/s line here in Cork and haven't really priced around in recent years, so I have kinda lost track of what's out there.

Any suggestions?

I know the exchange isn't NGB enabled and doesn't look like it's on the schedule for anytime soon either and there are definitely no unbundled providers so it's eircom or bitstream.

eircom's package seems OK, but the 50GB download limit on their up to 7mbit/s service seems a bit over-restrictive.

I'm afraid to recommend Vodafone @ Home because of the bad reviews I'm reading, although they are a Vodafone mobile billpay customer, so they might get some decent discounts.

Just hearing horror stories about congestion and other issues.

Is UTV any good?

What about Digiweb?

Any other / better options?

Help / suggestions would be much appreciated!

Advertisement