Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my rights

Options
  • 08-03-2011 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I handed in my notice last week. I was asked to meet my Sales director off premises the next day. I met with her and was told not to come back into the office that the MD would contact me to meet. I met with him today and he said he is going to give me work to do at home for one of his other companies for the length of my notice. What are my rights here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Tell him you can't work from home as it invalidates your home insurance.

Or

Just do the work, enjoy the lack of commute, and take it handy,

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yellow13 wrote: »
    Hi, I handed in my notice last week. I was asked to meet my Sales director off premises
    Sales director? Is this a sales based job? If so, this sounds like pasture, to ensure you don't have access to client info before you leave. During the boom years, this happened, so in the recession, even more so.

/edit
    Do the work, get paid, leave with a good reference. During the boom, you'd probably have been given a months paid leave. As it's a recession, they keep you working, but out of the office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Yellow13

the_syco wrote: »
    Sales director? Is this a sales based job? If so, this sounds like pasture, to ensure you don't have access to client info before you leave. During the boom years, this happened, so in the recession, even more so.

Yes i work in sales. i have heard of garden leave but as i had no problem working out my notice and i am not going to a competitor employer i just wondered what my rights are being asked to do work for his other company and at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Tis "Other duties as required".

If home is a problem for you (eg small kids underfoot, no office space), try to negotiate a neutral space - maybe hot desk in a serviced office complex, or a desk in the other company.

Don't burn any bridges.

IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

i agree with previous posters, might to best to just do the work from home to ensure you get a good reference and go on goods terms, best of luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement