Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gates

Options
  • 08-03-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I am just after getting a set of Electric Gates for my driveway entrance.

Just wondering does anyone know:

When these gates have been opened. How long should these gates remain open before they start to close?

Just that, gates i have got, seem to stay open a fairly long period of time before starting to shut themselves. What in people's experience's is the proper amount of time before they should close.

i can call the company that installed them to change this if needed.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Depending on the controller there is generally a pot on the board to increase or decrease the wait time before closing. This is based on all the safetys being closed. Photo cell , coil etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 yvonne86

Am just wondering how much roughly are electrical gates???as am needing gates installed myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

PDCAT wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I am just after getting a set of Electric Gates for my driveway entrance.

Just wondering does anyone know:

When these gates have been opened. How long should these gates remain open before they start to close?

Just that, gates i have got, seem to stay open a fairly long period of time before starting to shut themselves. What in people's experience's is the proper amount of time before they should close.

i can call the company that installed them to change this if needed.

Thanks
    Anything from 30 seconds up but it's all down to individual requirements.
    I think mine are set to 45 which suits me.
    I have set quite a few at 10 - 20 seconds but this is more for security purposes and cuts down on tailgaiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

yvonne86 wrote: »
    Am just wondering how much roughly are electrical gates???as am needing gates installed myself!
    All depends if you want under or over ground, weight of gates, who's doing the civils etc.
    But prices could start from €1500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 yvonne86

yea I got quoted in and around 1,300 but thinking about it now, I dont think that included the electrical installment...il have to shop around for sure, thanks for the repley!

• Advertisement
Advertisement