Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Praise for a Bike shop.

• 08-03-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭

Im sorry if this is inappropriate.

Got up yesterday morning.
    got on the bike, was on it a 30 seconds and noticed the rear was feeling flat.
    so got to king oil in athy and pulled up to the air
    put some in and then noticed it was completely flat and air was pumping out the side.
    only then i realised that the metal was visable along the centre around the whole of the tyre.
    so got back on and decided to tear on home to take the car.

most bike shops i have dealt with are closed on a monday so didnt hold any hope of reaching a solution until today at least,
    the time was now 8.30 am. the wife then rang Carlow Motorcycles and by chance the owner was in looking after a few things,
    my wife and the owner then organised for him to pick my bike up,
    which he did at 10.30am
    the wife went out then for a walk and got home around 1pm to find the bike parked up and locked to my house with new tyres and the keys in the letterbox.

we could only contact them today to make payment as they were not in yesterday after they dropped off my bike.

I think they went above and beyond to help me out and wanted to let others know how good they are.

before this happened they have only serviced my bike twice, so they dont really know me that well.

as regards the tyre,
    i do 800km a week so wear and tear is quite high.
    i usually get 22000 km for a set of tyres but only got 19000km out of this last pair.
    so i was not expecting the tyre to be in such a bad state.

so fair play to Carlow Motorcyles.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Good stuff, rear to find that sort of service nowadays. Got near on 24,000 km out of a set of Bridgestone 021, only 16,000 out of a set of continentals so now back on Briedgestones. At least given the cost of petrol I'm getting near 70 MPG.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Great service, fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Nothing inappropriate about giving someone praise for going out of their way to fix your bike. Fair play to them that's customer service.

I would however slag you for going around on a steely in the first place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

That's excellent service. Fair play to them.
    Jesus you get some load of miles outta your tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dbmauser

service like that is rarely found these days!!
    are they on the carlow/kildare road off the roundabout behind supermac's??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭rameire

dbmauser wrote: »
    service like that is rarely found these days!!
    are they on the carlow/kildare road off the roundabout behind supermac's??

They are in the business park that has the big blue barn kids play area. Its the next roundabout after the supermacs roundabout if your heading away from Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dbmauser

:D ill be headin down to them for a gander so

Antiquo wrote: »
    Nothing inappropriate about giving someone praise for going out of their way to fix your bike. Fair play to them that's customer service.

I would however slag you for going around on a steely in the first place :D

i know.
    i wasnt expecting it to go so quickly.
    i was hoping for a month more out of the tyre.
    i gave the tyres a good look on wed last and the tyre was not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

A guy i know phoned a shop in (lets just say ) Wicklow to get a price for tyres for his Suzuki.....the "woman" at the other end said they only did tyres for B*W's..........true story........:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Fair play...nice to get good service now & again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

RAMEIRE, what sort of bike do you use ?
    I never got more than max 5000 miles out of a rear tyre, usually only get 3-4000 miles on back tyre.
    There are tyre wear indicators on tyres at approx 2mm tyre depth and min depth is 1mm, so why did you overlook the tyre wear ?

RAMEIRE, what sort of bike do you use ?
    I never got more than max 5000 miles out of a rear tyre, usually only get 3-4000 miles on back tyre.
    There are tyre wear indicators on tyres at approx 2mm tyre depth and min depth is 1mm, so why did you overlook the tyre wear ?

its a Deauville.
    out of my 160km ride a day.
    most of the journey ( 98% ) would be on motorway standard or motorway finished road so the tyre will flatten out a bit over time.
    I didnt overlook the tyre wear, i just expected it to last a bit longer,
    the roads have been a lot drier lately so the wear is higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

rameire wrote: »
    its a Deauville.
    out of my 160km ride a day.
    most of the journey ( 98% ) would be on motorway standard or motorway finished road so the tyre will flatten out a bit over time.
    I didnt overlook the tyre wear, i just expected it to last a bit longer,
    the roads have been a lot drier lately so the wear is higher.

You get a lot of miles on tyres.

I once started out with new tyres(sport touring tyres) on a hayabusa on a trip to east europe, and had to change my back tyre in Slovakia.

Advertisement