Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washing down shed

• 08-03-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

Folks,

Just wondering what poeple are using to clean down slatted shed walls after letting cattle out. I find that even if you wash the shed immediately, its very difficult to get the walls clean.

I usually try to wet them down for a few days but this is very slow. I dont like using brute force with the power washer as my walls are plastered and repeated close range pressure washing is very severe on them.

Is there a detergent/chemical that can be used to help??
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

I’m a powerwasher man but have seen foam cleaners advertised, came across this company, worth a try. Some use hypochlorite also to soften it first.

http://www.biocel.ie/html/foam.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

we normally wait a few weeks after letting cattle out as we got stung one year when we had to bring the cattle back in , we had already powerwashed the sheds , so we had to do them twice that year:mad::mad::mad: we used a power washer with the heat on on it , great job , soak one day wash the next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

The only way to have comfort washing shed is to have proper power hose.30l water a minute at 200bar<3000psi>.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

also wait until you get a few of those foggy damp days, soak up for a couple days before hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Upstream

We use a powerwasher with a turbo nozzle.
    The turbo nozzle is great for giving more cleaning power while using less water, but I think it's a bit harder on the concrete.

Does anyone here any type of industrial steam cleaner to clean out sheds?
    I'd imagine they wouldn't be as hard on the walls as a pressure washer, but are they any good at shifting caked on dirt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭denis086

We use a 3" hose from the slurry tank to wet down the sheds then use the powerwasher to clean them the day after we had 2 pwerwashers one year the new one 3 yrs old at the time had a turbo head great for walls and stripping muck quickly but couldnt push the washed off material away in front of it so you had to push it with the hand scraper the old power washer 18yrs old had a few repairs over the years with a standard lance was almost as quick at washing and could push it away from itself

Advertisement