Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good, healthy place to eat in Dublin city centre?

Options
  • 08-03-2011 9:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

Somewhere affordable, with not stupidly big portions (hate feeling too full but hate leaving food) and healthy options. Not necessarily vegetarian, mind.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

There are hundreds and hundreds. What are you in to?

Here's a starter Monty's of Kathmandu. Healthy stuff with yogurt, fresh chillies, coriander, ginger, garlic, peppers, onions, mushrooms, capsicum along with whatever fish or meat you choose. Epic food, good atmosphere, about €16 for a main course, normal size portions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

John_Rambo wrote: »
    There are hundreds and hundreds. What are you in to?

Here's a starter Monty's of Kathmandu. Healthy stuff with yogurt, fresh chillies, coriander, ginger, garlic, peppers, onions, mushrooms, capsicum along with whatever fish or meat you choose. Epic food, good atmosphere, about €16 for a main course, normal size portions.

TBH, I can see that becoming quite fattening and calorific.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

For lunch I highly recommend CAfe Fresh in powerscourt - fab fresh food

For lunch I highly recommend CAfe Fresh in powerscourt - fab fresh food

Cool, shall see if it has a website for a looksie!

Wow, thanks a million John Rambo, what a quick reply, sounds good

No probs Poor Craythur. You are welcome.
    TBH, I can see that becoming quite fattening and calorific.

Nope. Fresh spices and herbs with fish or meat is not fattening.

• Advertisement

No probs Poor Craythur. You are welcome.

Why did you just do that? I replied, sorry if it wasn't the response you were hoping for. It wasn't meant in a bad way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 HannahArendt

Just off Grafton Street - think it's Wicklow St - there's Cornucopia - great, really fresh food - salads as well as mains, great desserts; there's also Wagamamas just outside St Stephens Green shopping centre - at the bottom of the stairs at the Dunnes Store end of the complex. All can be fairly reasonable, depending on what you go for. I find Blazing Salads more expensive (round the corner from Cornucopia), but they do some great food as an alternative - BUT they're essentially take away only.

:D Lots of choices available!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but does anyone know of any restaurants that display the calories of their food in the city centre? Lunch places would be good.

I wish more restaurants would do it.

Why did you just do that?

It's my fault, I'm old fashioned, when someone asks a question, or looks for info and gets a detailed response I am used to them saying thank you, not questioning the info they just got without trying any of it out. ;)

(PS... fresh spices and herbs don't have many calories)

It's my fault, I'm old fashioned, when someone asks a question, or looks for info and gets a detailed response I am used to them saying thank you, not questioning the info they just got without trying any of it out. ;)

I can imagine there being big portions there, esp for what you are paying. But I'm sorry, perhaps I was impolite.
    (PS... fresh spices and herbs don't have many calories)

I know but when you start adding things like cream and rice and bread it soon racks up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

my family's favourite is Wagamamma. very good on many levels...taste, variety, healthy, pretty fast and not too expensive.

I hear good reviews of Yamamouri also.

dixiefly wrote: »
    my family's favourite is Wagamamma. very good on many levels...taste, variety, healthy, pretty fast and not too expensive.

I hear good reviews of Yamamouri also.

Yeah, I definitely think these places could be healthy, depending on what you order. Plus Yamamori = yummy.

I can imagine there being big portions there, esp for what you are paying.

Well, that's your imagination, in the real world they are average portions.
    I know but when you start adding things like cream and rice and bread it soon racks up.

The rice may have carbs, but it's good healthy rice, I never get bread or cream there. Look, I eat there all the time and I am in good shape, no fat... Can you tell me why don't you try it before you make up your mind?

Well, that's your imagination, in the real world they are average portions.

The rice may have carbs, but it's good healthy rice, I never get bread or cream there. Look, I eat there all the time and I am in good shape, no fat... Can you tell me why don't you try it before you make up your mind?

Fine, fine. TBH, it's a bit out of my price range at the moment though.

Fair enough, don't want to blow the budget, good plan.

How about DaDa restaurant? If you stick to the excellent salads you get great value.

http://www.dadarestaurant.ie/

Check out the lunch menu.

Fair enough, don't want to blow the budget, good plan.

How about DaDa restaurant? If you stick to the excellent salads you get great value.

http://www.dadarestaurant.ie/

Check out the lunch menu.

Thank you. ;) Looks good.

Advertisement