Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushmills

Options
  • 08-03-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

I went to Bushmills twice last year and on both occasions the staff there were cold come hostile. why is this?

It is at odds with the friendly and warm reception I received everywhere else in the North. Bushmills is the oldest distillery on the island and tourists flock there so it baffles me that they should be hostile towards Southeners.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Sorry, of little relevance, but had to be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

John Jameson was a protestant from Scotland as far as I know.

OP if you do a search you may find an answer to your question I think I remember seeing a post about it before. If it's true I will be very disappointed as I really enjoy Bushmills and would like to visit the factory someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

tuxy wrote: »
    John Jameson was a protestant from Scotland as far as I know.

OP if you do a search you may find an answer to your question I think I remember seeing a post about it before. If it's true I will be very disappointed as I really enjoy Bushmills and would like to visit the factory someday.

I place my post here because Belfast is the capital of NI and people tend to be more open in the capital.

The Dubliners loved black Bush.

I was at Dublin airport last week and they were promoting it but I walked past the free samples.

They used to have a slogan 'untouched by Fenian hands' which is long a part of history, I presume.

I have heard from several people that they were poorly treated at the distillery. I myself work in the tourist industry and went there with fifty tourists. I had to explain to them, that some folk can be hostile , though I was at a loss myself

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When I've been there it's always been nice. Maybe they had a bad day or something.
    Can you elaborate on what annoyed you?

biko wrote: »
    When I've been there it's always been nice. Maybe they had a bad day or something.
    Can you elaborate on what annoyed you?

not to you I can't. you might disagree and ban me. I am looking for contributions from open-minded people.

• Advertisement

Fuinseog wrote: »
    not to you I can't. you might disagree and ban me. I am looking for contributions from open-minded people.

Where did this comment come from?

tuxy wrote: »
    Where did this comment come from?

himself knows. the only reason he appeared here is to hassle me and goad over the fact that he can ban me if he does not like my argument. most mods are thankfully a bit more mature.

As I said Giant Causeway, Castlestewart,Castlewellan, all over Belfast, very friendly towards tourists, but not Bushmills.

Well I would also be interested in hearing in more detail what happened when you went to the Bushmills distillery. What made you feel unwelcome?

If people are unwilling to go into that kind of detail this thread is as good as dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm not a mod in this forum. What you've done elsewhere doesn't follow you around.
    The reason I came in is I hang out in Belfast forum on occasion (just search my name here) and love Bushmills whiskey.
    Anyway, if you don't want to elaborate that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thread locked and warning given to Fuinseog

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement