Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundraising? Where?

Options
  • 08-03-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hey
    I'm not living long in the Balbriggan area and as such don't really know anyone around. However, I'm heading to Eastern Europe to volunteer in an orphanage for children/young adults with disabilities and need to fundraise.

I'm only at the early stages of fundraising at the moment [i.e I've not organised any events just yet] but I was thinking of holding a 'race night' as they look appealing. Just wondering if ye NCD people would think that many people would attend if I was holding such a night, considering they don't know many, or possibly don't know the charity? ARe there any similar events on in the near future as I have never been at a race night but they look like great fun?

Alternatively, are there any other things that I could do around the area, considering I am unknown?!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

My daughters teacher is going aswell.She organised (with my help) a recycle day.Freinds of Autism and ADHD gave her €2.00 per bag for every bag given to the shop on a certain day between a certain time.She got the support of the school, she got €100 for her cause.It was a win win.PM me if you need any advice on this,cathy

Advertisement