Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Suggestions......?

Options
  • 08-03-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

I have a 4m by 2m trellis area on my back wall I would like to plant 2 different climbers that may flower at different times is this possible and what would you plant,
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I would go for Passiflora caerula

passionflower1.jpg

and Solanum crispum "Glasnevin"

solanum_crispum_glas.jpg

or Solanum jasminoides "Album"

solanum%20jasminoides%20album~1.jpg

You can google the names to find out more about planting and flowering times.

I love all three of these and they have survived snow and -16c in my garden.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

soundsham wrote: »
    I have a 4m by 2m trellis area on my back wall I would like to plant 2 different climbers that may flower at different times is this possible and what would you plant,
    thanks

It's possible but what way is the trellis facing and do you have good soil?

As a quickie this year you might try some sweet pea if you have sun as well as a couple of climbers but let us know the above.

Advertisement