Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to connect a Sky+ box to a Panasonic TX21S3T TV

• 08-03-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hiya

Just moved into a flat for six months-ish, that has a Sky+ box with subscription paid by the landlord. Borrowed an old Panasonic TX-21S3T 21 inch TV from a mate as buying new makes no sense. The TV has a scart socket and I've tried tuning the TV when connected via scart to the Sky+ box (TV out), but gettin nothing.
    Any ideas on how I tune the TV to the Sky+ box? Dumb question I know, but never bothered with Sky before. Always used installed cable TV.
    Cheers!

'Max'

PS Just looking for the simplest way to do this. Not bothered about optimum pict quality or whatever ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

If your tv and box have HDMi or Scart connections the channels will come in automatically in one of your AVI channels.

When connected via SCART you don't need to tune the TV, there should be an AV, Source or Input button on the remote to switch to the SCART socket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Thanks guys.

With the scart from 'tv scart' on the Sky box to the single scart socket on the TV, and after hitting AV on the TV remote with the Sky+ box on, only getting a black screen :confused: (Did find a wiki on Sky UK with a post about inputting TV code 0051 for Panasonic amongst other instructions, but this did nothing either) Forgot to mention, above was with TV set to AV. There's one AV channel and 60 odd other channels.

Failing everything, if anyone knows someone in Cork city who'd sort this out for a few quid, I'd be much obliged. Never been best friends with technology :rolleyes:

Sadly I'm in Dublin so probably no help. :(

Sounds like you've everything connected correctly though, it should come up on the AV channel. Do you know if the Sky+ box is even powering up? - stupid I know, but some Sky+ boxes are known to have power issues. Maybe try another SCART lead, or failing that, connect an aerial lead and tune the TV, the default output for a Sky box is UHF channel 68 (847.25 MHz). The picture isn't as good but it'll at least show you if the box is working or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Karsini wrote: »
    Sadly I'm in Dublin so probably no help. :(

Sounds like you've everything connected correctly though, it should come up on the AV channel. Do you know if the Sky+ box is even powering up? - stupid I know, but some Sky+ boxes are known to have power issues. Maybe try another SCART lead, or failing that, connect an aerial lead and tune the TV, the default output for a Sky box is UHF channel 68 (847.25 MHz). The picture isn't as good but it'll at least show you if the box is working or not.

Cheers Karsini. I think I'll try the simple option and go get an aerial lead tomorrow. Absolutely not bothered about picture quality as its only a 21" TV :) The light on the RHS of Sky box goes from red to green when I push it, which I assume means its 'on'. So far as I know the last person here, who only left on Sunday, was using the box with another basic kind of TV, with no issues. Sadly, I didn't think to ask how the thing was set up.
    Take it for the 'free channels' or most basic subscription (€22ish pm), there's no card needed? Checked the slot in the front of the box and its empty. Thanks again for being so helpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement