Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unrestricted Provisional to Full Licence ?!

• 08-03-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I have an UNRESTRICTED Provisional A license (I had my provisional for donkeys years and just kept renewing it, so I had it before they brought in the 25kw rule.), so I have been driving a Honda blackbird for the last few years, but today I just passed my test, so I assume I get an UNRESTRICTED Full license when I change it over ? Otherwise it would put me off the road.

Anyone know if I my full license will stay unrestricted as my provisional was (Learner permit)

Cheers for any info !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Should be still unrestricted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

It will be UNrestricted provided you had your provisional before late 1999.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Nice for some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Congrats on passing the test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Storm99

Long before 99 ive had it ! thats excellent news, so I assume I can immediately rent a bike on my new unrestricted licence when I go abroad !?

Thanks all !! :) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Storm99 wrote: »
    Long before 99 ive had it ! thats excellent news, so I assume I can immediately rent a bike on my new unrestricted licence when I go abroad !?

Thanks all !! :) :P

Bad news is most places require you to have your full licence for 2 years before they'll rent to you.

Carefully read the T&C's of any rental policy if they do give you a bike, it could be very expensive if you crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Storm99

Buts thats only because they would expect the restriction I assume ? so that should not apply ? I will read the T&C's though. I'll get them before I go me thinks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Storm99 wrote: »
    Buts thats only because they would expect the restriction I assume ? so that should not apply ? I will read the T&C's though. I'll get them before I go me thinks !

I've never looked into hiring a bike before, but I know in the cage world nearly all the companies require you to have held the licence for the class of vehicle you are hiring for 2 or more years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

When I read the thread, I started to get my hopes up,

regarding the pre 99 statement about not having a restricted bike before 99

According to my current learner permit, I had my A1 provisional in 94, not sure why I didnt add the A part. I think I intended to get a bike but it didnt happen for one reason or another.
    I'm doing bike lessons ( Dont own a bike now/yet, doing lessons now and no IBT needed but plan on doing my A test, It seems I only have the A provisional since 07 (not sure when it became learner permit)

I'm not sure if its relevant but to me now, are there unrestricted bikes for A1 category

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ai will only cover you upto a 125 and it has to be below 11kw/14bhp

• Advertisement
Advertisement