Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackpool library opening hours

Options
  • 08-03-2011 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I recently went to join Blackpool library on my lunch break - as I work nearby.
    It was only when the door wouldn't open that I realised it closes at lunch time from 1-2pm!!!
    It's a fab new building - and the opening hours are total lunacy, in my opinion!!!

How can they think that this is progressive in 2011???!!??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

I joined a couple of weeks ago. Closing for lunch seems crazy, I wonder if they are short staffed and cannot provide lunchtime cover. It is a very nice building though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Miss_Ellie

Yeah Dan,
    it looked like a fab building from the outside!! ;-)

Another woman arrived while i was trying to get in - she was also going to join up but also left when disappointed when she realised it was shut.

I just can't understand why it's not open for longer.....I don't even think it's open late any evening. Basically with my working hours I can't use it - which is a shame.

I just think if they want more people to use the facilities they need to move with the times........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Without going totally off topic, I can't understand why any business in this day and age would close for lunch, keeping customers on the outside.

I too have being caught with trying to get into the Blackpool library, only to spot the "Closed for Lunch" sign. Total Lunancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

I think maybe all branches of Cork City Library close for lunch. I remember getting caught out a couple of times trying to return books to Grand Parade & was astounded that the city centre branch closed for lunch. Don't know if it's the same still - I haven't been there for over a year! Love to know if this applies to all branches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Miss_Ellie

I checked the Cork City Council website and some city libraries are open through lunch time.....and some are shut.
    Which is why I'm a little confused/perplexed as why Blackpool has a fab new shiny building but has very unfriendly opening hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement