Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vespa vintage

• 08-03-2011 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

I'm don't know much about scooters (i'm currently looking to buy my first vespa).

I just need to clarify something first. I've been looking at a 'LML star vespa'. It's 2011, I really like the style of it but is this like a 'knock off' of a vespa? OR it's just a different brand name, similar style. I've just checked scooterisland & bikeworld. & gumtree, adverts.ie etc but most vespa's I found online where in bad shape.

How about an old style vintage vespa? where would i get one of these?

Please see image of LML Scooter > i think it's pretty cool looken:) classic2tblu.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

LML star is a clone of the vespa px, i wouldnt exactly call it a knock off as lml built the vespa px for vespa for years and eventually started selling them as lml star to the indian market, eventually vespa and lmls partnership ended so lml started selling the star worldwide, i had one for a few months and they are just as good as any vespa(if even a little higher quality on the body) one word of warning though, they come heavily restricted to fit euro 3 regulations and in their crippled state can only muster about 60km/h (from a 125!!!) it is possible to derestrict them yourself however and most of the second hand ones you find will have this done already

see: http://www.lmlocgb.co.uk/workshop/lml-125-star-dlx/

if you dont feel comfortable doing that work yourself take it to carl perkins in Modern and Classic scooters in inchicore and he will do the job for ya.

Advertisement