Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Deal Interior Doors gone dark - how do i brighten them up??

Options
  • 09-03-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all, the red deal interior doors in my house have darkened a fair bit since they were put in (about 4 years ago). Just looking for some advice on how I go about bringing the colour up again or are they a lost cause???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

All pine will darken/orange with age and the only way to lighten it up again would be to sand them back which as you can imagine is not really an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

all pine darkens but its the lacquer or varnish that was used which gives most of the change

sand them down

leave them

or paint them white satin would

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Sanding them back will bring them back to original colour but all wood darkens over time from UV light. If you do sand them back you need to use a finish with a UV inhibitor. I have some beautiful Pink Ivory from Africa which has turned almost red.

Advertisement