Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minecraft for the xbox360 (FortressCraft)

• 09-03-2011 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Maybe this thread belongs in the Xbox forum but is still relevant to the Minecraft community

I'm only after finding out that there's a Minecraft clone coming to the xbox360 on the indie games store called Fortresscraft. Thought I'd share it with you's to see what the responses will be like

You can check their official site over at http://www.fortresscraft.com/

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hello lawsuit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'm sick shít of seeing all these clones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Afraid not
    http://twitter.com/carlmanneh/status/40317887180836865

But I'd say later in development the developer will overstep his boundaries and there'll be some type of dispute between him and Mojang

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

I don't like the look of it graphic are to crisp much rather the look of the real thing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I saw something about this on the MC.net forums and whatever about the morallity of it, legally it seems sound. You can be sure Mojang have gone over the details to look for shenanigans. TBH, they should join forces and see what happens ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Why don't Mojang just port MC to the XBIX, PS3 etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Think there is a version coming to Android soon swell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Minecraft isn't exactly the original though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tallon wrote: »
    Why don't Mojang just port MC to the XBIX, PS3 etc

The game needs more than a port, it would need a complete recode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

The game needs more than a port, it would need a complete recode.
    Shhh, there would be jobs going if they did :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

The water in it looks class.... Are indie games available in ireland yet actually? I haven't checked in ages...

Wonder what way the MP will work....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Far too shiny for me tbh, I highly doubt it's going to replace minecraft for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

dont have an xbox myself so i wont/cant get this. from what i'm looking at there someone liked minecraft and then came up with a whole "new" game.

actually i've read the FAQ and the first question is about copying minecraft. apparently he has had this idea on the shelf for about 2 years and when he saw the popularity of MC he decided to finish making it. shenanigans i say but who am i to say so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Korvanica wrote: »
    Wonder what way the MP will work....

31 player online according to FAQ. Pffft :P
    actually i've read the FAQ and the first question is about copying minecraft. apparently he has had this idea on the shelf for about 2 years and when he saw the popularity of MC he decided to finish making it. shenanigans i say but who am i to say so.

His 3 most frequent questions are related to minecraft. He's (they are) a plagiarist(s)

They could have tried a bit harder and not directly copied the game (eg the bookshelf, minecart etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You know what will be actually funny.... If it will come out sooner then full version of mc lol. So far notca single new or different thing to mc... Pure copy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 construkktor

i think the music to Fortress Craft would better be replaced with the themetune to "Brum": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAfRzbC3nLc

watch fortresscraft then watch that.

...lol for anyone that remembers it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

Looks mediocre apart from sparkles

Spin off's is one thing.... but this? even the blocks are the same general design.

I'm guessing he used XNA to make it less than half the time. Might serve as a wake up call to Mojang.

Advertisement