Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will it?

• 09-03-2011 1:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hey people, I had planned on getting my bike license but because of recent developments (not worked in a while and in process of gettin a car)I had to cancel my plans:mad: I was thinking of getting my bike license next year or at the latest in 2 years time. I just wondered do you think things will get more expensive and do you think there will be more restrictions towards Learners in the near future as i'd hate to have to pay more €€€ in a year or so time..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

It just got an awful lot dearer the last few months. Compulsory training.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

seanybiker wrote: »
    It just got an awful lot dearer the last few months. Compulsory training.

I know mate That's why i'm wondering if it could get any dearer with time:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jamesr123 wrote: »
    I know mate That's why i'm wondering if it could get any dearer with time:eek:
    I have no idea to be honest. Probably will though, everything is getting dearer these days. best get it done as quick as ya can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

There are no incentives for getting people onto bikes so it will only get dearer and harder the longer you leave it. Its hard to say whether a year or two will make a difference but the introduction of CBT isn't making people queue up to buy bikes.

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

If you can't afford it I wouldn't even be thinking about it, you will only annoy yourself with it.
    It shouldn't be making any major jump in expense in the next year or two, whether any of us will be able to afford to put petrol in the things in a year or two is another question :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jarmstrong001

Price of the driving test went up by €10 last month as well
    http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/The-Driving-Test/What-it-is/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Essential Driver Training (EDT) for cars coming in 4th April. Minimum 12 hours tuition before being allowed to take the test. If your good 12 might do but if your crap then it could be 20 or 30 lessons before you get signed off. This will make getting onto a bike the quickest and cheaper option for new permit holders as you can get on the road with the bike after doing the training but with the car you can't drive alone until passing the test.

Roadskill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Roadskill wrote: »
    Essential Driver Training (EDT) for cars coming in 4th April.

That is marvellous news - it always felt that bikers were being victimised when any flute could get a provisional car license and hop into a 7-series Beemer.

Details here

Just need to start restricting cars for provisional licensed car drivers now...

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

And leave them restricted for a period of time after passing the test, for no logical reason that anyone can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 grumpybore

AgileMyth wrote: »
    And leave them restricted for a period of time after passing the test, for no logical reason that anyone can see.

.....i think a reasonable period for restricting cars is ......forever !!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement