Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360 usb port

Options
  • 09-03-2011 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

the bottom usb port on the front of my 360 has stopped working the top one still works.

is it hard to fix/replace it?

and how would i go about doing it
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Wouldn't be too hard to fix you'd need to find another connector from a similar motherboard I'd imagine then just desolder and replace

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

As far as I can see the USB connector hasn't changed in any revision - any old one would do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Yea I think they're all USB 2.0 anyway was just thinking in terms of the pin layout and if they differ from model to model

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

As far as I can see the USB connector hasn't changed in any revision - any old one would do ;)

do you know where i would be able to pick one up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If there's a console repair shop in your area they're bound to have boards that are cooked and unfixable. You could ask in there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i dont know or any in the area (limerick city)

Advertisement