Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to recreate this logo... can anyone help?

Options
  • 09-03-2011 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

I love the style and colours of this logo. As I am learning photoshop I want to recreate it as I think it will help my skills of being able to learn more... however i am getting stuck of how to create it :(

here is the logo

does anyone know how the text was created? ... is it an available font? or some especially made?
    and how do I create the swirl?

thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

Photoshop is the wrong tool for the job (and for logos in general if you ever intend printing them), do you have access to/experience with illustrator or another vector drawing program?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I do have adobe illustrator and i've briefly messed around with it. I see loads of youtube tutorials actually.

So such a logo, or all logos, are in fact done with illustrator?

any tips you could give me of where to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Illustrator definitely the tool for the job. Best starting point is a google search for pen tutorial

So such a logo, or all logos, are in fact done with illustrator?
    Professional logos are, yes.

Any tips for illustrator?

briefly:
    File/Place (select the image you want to vectorise)
    You can try live trace (utility built in to illy that'll create a rough and ready set of paths... not perfect but it'll get you started)

Alternatively & I'd suggest you go this route:

place & lock (cmnd+2) the image you want to vectorise
    Draw it manually using the pen tool... just remember to close all your shapes.
    Normally you would use the text tool for typography but if you're just recreating this logo as is you could redraw the text with the pen tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You could start with tracing the image in illustrator and see what sort of result you get. It might be enough for you to just need to make tweaks.

That said you might just have to start from scratch.

edit looks like qpd beat me to it at the same time :D

• Advertisement

yeah, but you were way more concise! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jollygreengiant

i would agree with the others who have said use illustrator.
    it looks like it can be created with the pen tool. look up illustrator tutorials an the pen tool. there will be loads on the net
    here's one that explains everything for the pen tool:
    http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-tips/illustrators-pen-tool-the-comprehensive-guide/

Advertisement