Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Strikes from eircom 1 more and I am internet Dead

• 09-03-2011 5:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I have been using iTines for 4 years and I might add, spent a small fortune buying my beloved music.
    1 of my silly grown up daughters downloaded 2 songs at two different times from a share ware site,
    I was pounced upon by eircom with 2 letters telling me one more illegal download and they will cut my internet connection off !!!
    My question is, How in the name of god can any one justify that bull ?
    Ohhh I forgot to add along with the 2Nd threat they had the Gaul to insert an advertisement for eircom's new music download site.
    I am actually the type of person who is a tad anal about doing things above board,
    I need help and advice, I want to tell eircom to go sod off, I can not find an internet provider, I live in rural midlands Ireland, no cable or ntl or anything like that. Plus I have an internet business hence the need for a speedy and reliable connection.
    All and any advice or ideas will be most welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,965 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did your daughter not get the message the first time??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 irish_star

The account is in my name, she was home from college for the weekend, she got no warning . oh no one knew the first time who did the dastardly deed, she did not even realize she downloaded the song from my house, 2nd time is when we copped who it was having said that there was no malice in her actions she just wanted to listen to a song.
    I am not for one mint justifying illegal downloads !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

im living in clare and the only internet we an get where i live is 3. you could try that they have pretty decent coverage all over ireland. and bad buzz that it wasnt even your fault and it was only 2 downloads whats theyre problem? did you explain what happened to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

change provider and if you cant keep your kid aware of what might happen if it persists, lock your internet. its not worth losing it over some britney spears rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Time to learn how to pirate properly then so :p

Its only torrents they monitor, there are other methods........

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Is it Eircom DSL you have? Any other DSL provider with differing policies on pirating can offer you the same service down the same Eircom line.

Shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

That my friend is one of the reasons Eircom are an absolute disaster of a company...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Time to learn how to pirate properly then so :p

Its only torrents they monitor, there are other methods........

.... and there is where this thread ends.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement