Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declaration of SU allegiances

Options
  • 09-03-2011 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

We're seeing an awful lot of 1 post signups talking about how great certain candidates are in the SU election thread over the last few days, and it's beginning to bother me. So here's the way things are going to work. If you want to engage in discussion or debate about the upcoming sabbatical elections, you need to post in this thread declaring what, if any, ties you have to any candidates running.

Anyone posting in an SU thread without posting here will be banned until they can provide the information.

Anyone misrepresenting their stance or affiliation will be banned, and action may be taken against the candidate they represent.

Have fun y'all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

No real connection with any of them, I'm friends with the outgoing welfare and education officers, and have taken part in a few welfare crew things, but little else.

Want to stay out of campaigning this year, not sure though.

Hoping Rachel Breslin will get welfare and possibly Pat for President (I'll reiterate, I dont know him that well, but he's the best of the three candidates imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

fine then.

actively supporting brendan lacey.

I cannot stress enough how neutral I am in the welfare race. For obvious reasons it may be assumed by posters I support one particular person, however that is not the case.

completely neutral in all other races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I won't consider supporting anyone who is involved in or has previously been involved in Young Fine Gael or Ógra Fianna Fáil or the Brussels Sprouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Eager_Beaver

Would have to say im going to support Brendan.

Kind of know Regina going for welfare,so only fair to say that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sanchez13

Not campaigning for anyone. At the moment supporting Brendan Lannoye for president, Darragh Kinsella for ENTS, Lorna Danaher for Welfare. Im not bothered for c&c or Ed. This could all change of course!!. . .

Affiliation, know Darragh Kinsella to see through res, met Stephen Darcy at a few Ents meetings before I stopped going. Was canvassed by Lannoye before midterm!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I took some photos for Rob Manning's campaign (as I have done for several past SU candidates). I also know Stephen Darcy personally, although I have no involvement in his campaign in any way. I know both of them in a non-SU capacity, not due to their involvement in the SU.

I don't know or have any interest in the rest of the candidates for any position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I'm a friend of Darragh Kinsella and part of his campaign as i've said before.

I've no connection with any of the other candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 peas

i know aine running for education and sam aswell, and brendan lannoye seems like a cool guy. and i know all the welfare candidates. not really campaigning for any of them but that could change if i like any of their manifestos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Not in UCD anymore, don't care but I hate all things SU related (i.e. it's a waste of money, rather spend that money on a new CF-IRMS or AMS).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Georgie1989

not campaigning for anyone. I support Darcy for ents, Gray for president, Lacey for campaigns, Brady for welfare.

I want to make good argument for the people I'm voting for on here, because I'm here for another 4 years and with the threat of fees we need to a strong SU.

Georgie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

No affliliation, know lannoye a bit, cynical about the whole thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Strong supporter of the candidate that will introduce an inquisition to eliminate the SU and all its proponents.

I reserve a special disdain for people that cannot seem to bear to leave UCD and enter the real world and face inevitable unemployment due to the fact that they took 4-5 years to get a BA and spent most of their time running "club nights" or whatever other shíte.

I'm still bitter after Quinlivan told me to go fúck myself when I complained about a gig many years ago. Old wounds die hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Walnut.

No political affiliations whatsoever, bar being a friend of Lorcan Gray but certainly would never in a million years be a canvasser of his. Not involved in any campaigns.

In summary: No ties, just extremely cynical towards all SU activities and individuals.

Edit: see above post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Am an active RON voter and am very cynical towards the whole student union talking/boozing shop

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

I'm on the Ents crew so have met a few of the candidates. I'm on Stephen Darcy's campaign team, know Darragh Kinsella through friends.

Would also be acquainted with Emma Fortune, Regina Brady and Rob Manning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pdawg

Ya I know a few of them too and I know Regina Brady pretty well ! She is definitely one to look out for in the welfare race. She is such a nice girl and is by far the most suited candidate to the job. She has worked for welfare since she started college not like the other two who just recently breezed in as they thought they might get an easy sabbat job !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Don't know any of them personally. Don't like the SU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

RON for all positions. He just really appeals to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

probably voting RON. No clue and no real interest in who is running - 8 years of college degrees has embittered me towards the SU in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

RON for Education. I will be voting for people in the other categories but I prefer to keep them private.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Know Lannoye, Geoghegan, Danaher & Lacey to varying degrees but so far I am not participating in any campaign team. In fact I have had contact with pretty much all candidates at some stage or another.

Certainly wont be telling anyone how I intend to vote in the ballot box on a forum - respect for the secret ballot please!

EDIT: Must say though, campaign teams . . . please note, hacks stick out like a sore thumb. It does not exactly reflect too well on teams if they have to create accounts to boost their campaign whilst attacking others. That and there probably is not much point spending precious time canvassing this forum, most people are very set in their ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Just to expound on a good point from the last 2 posts, I absolutely don't expect everyone to declare who they're voting for. Purpose of this thread is to get ties and bias' in the open. I'm not really concerned if you think Bob is good for the welfare job, I just care if you've been friends since you were 4 and he was the best man at your wedding, y'know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

No allegiances or ties to any of the candidates, and my feeling of contempt towards the SU are well documtented at this stage I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 CMoonheadNo1

Sam Geoghegan. Charlie is the only choice for this decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I don't know any of the candidates or have any allegiances.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

No affiliation with any of the candidates. Was all set to be anti-DeBrun what with the whole SU hack thing but I was talking to him this week and he was suprisingly genuine and forthcoming and definetly knows what he's talking about so now I'm torn between him and Lannoye... Sam for Ed purely because I prefer his manifesto (I know that's not the most reliable reason but meh), RON for C&C... Lacey is incredibley arrogant and seems to think he has it in the bag already... I'm thinking Regina for Welfare and possibly Ozzy for Ents but haven't really made up my mind on that yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Prodigaldaughtr

Long time reader, first time poster.
    In terms of ents, im friendly with Manning, mates with Darcy, and Edel is a good friend, so im torn to be honest. As for Kinsella, i'm yet to meet him. Welfare, im a Brady girl all the way. I think she'll do a great job, know Lorna too, yet to meet Deirdre, but I really think Regina should get it, she has the experience and enthusiasm, and is approachable. But anyway, C&C-I know both Emma and Lacey, having trouble deciding that one. Never really had a proper conversation with Suzanne Lee, but for some reason she seems kinda unapproachable? Can't help it, just the vibe i got. Pat for President!! ...and I was a Jen supporter, she may seem quiet, but she really had done her research and knew the role inside out. She cud have done a good job. Damn Swine flu! And also, on a side note, im very disappointed with the circumstances that led to Aine being removed from the race. Not impressed with Sam's behavior at all. RON For Education now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I've met a few of the candidates but have no involvement in the election as I'm no longer in ucd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kiwi2307

Have met most of candidates and have attended law soc hustings so have heard them all.

At the moment my votes are going go:
    President: De Brun without doubt
    Welfare: Breslin
    C&C: Lacey
    ENTS: Undecided
    Edu: RON

ALSO long term reader but first time poster!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Know a few of the candidates, but trying to stay out of the campaigning.

Advertisement