Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air support over Dublin

• 09-03-2011 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the amount of air support flying over dublin this morning, in the space of about 5 mins, 5 planes flying in close formation passed. They must have been military as I checked flight radar and there was nothing on there.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

what kind of aircraft, jet or prop driven?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Paddy's day is coming, must have been the Air Corps rehearsing a flypast.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

cessna 172s or PC9s maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As said, Paddy's Day is coming. There are also at least two major state visits this year, so maybe they're training exercises?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Seems strange to me that PC-9's or Cessnas practicing for a civvie event over a major urban area would have their transponders off. What kind of aircraft were they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

Elizabeth is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

concussion wrote: »
    Seems strange to me that PC-9's or Cessnas practicing for a civvie event over a major urban area would have their transponders off. What kind of aircraft were they?

They practice day in and day out, I live about 5 minutes from Baldonnel, see them every day and also some times at night. As soon as the weather improves they are up and doing their stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

I don't doubt that aido, I was wondering about the lack of a transponder signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Getting ready to provide support to Libya, since nobody else is interested in doing so...

Advertisement