Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs V Milan K.O 7:45 UTV & RTE 2

• 09-03-2011 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

tottenham-hotspur.pngV AC_Milan-logo.gif

A huge game that already has me a bag of nerves a one nil lead is nothing and we are going to have to be at the top of our game tonight to win and go through. Charlie is fit again, Bale is meant to be on the bench and Rafa is bak as well so given who was rested against Wolves I think we will see.

Gomes
    Charlie--Gallas--Dawson--BAE

Lennon--Palacios--Modric--Pieenar

VDV
    Crouch

I think Bale looks set to start on the bench tonight.

COYS
    hopefully a 2-1 win

Also a few intresting stats
    Spurs retained the ball, on average, for 57 per cent of each match – the highest of any Premier League side in the competition – and fourth overall, behind Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Spartak Moscow.
    Aaron Lennon, Gareth Bale, Luka Modric and Rafael van der Vaart have only appeared, at the same time, once during Spurs' European campaign, the quartet has contributed eight assists and seven goals thus far

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I fancy a 2-0 or 3-0 spurs win tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Spurs are in pole position for the 2nd leg.

If Milan score first it will make for a tense game but if Spurs score first I can see them winning at a canter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

I would like to see Milan do it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

What with me traditionally liking Milan and errrr not liking Spurs I'd normally say the same, but whether it was the unbelievable gall of Flamini to claim he did nothing wrong in the first leg or the insipid performance of Milan, I want Spurs to win this. van der Vaart is such a classy player, it'd be annoying to see him lose to a bunch of hackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

This match will prove if Spurs are ready to be a proper Champions League team. So long as it stays 0-0 the fans will get edgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Pirlo, Ambrosini, van Bommel, Emanuelson and Gattuso are out for Milan. KPB is apparently not even fit, so Milan have a skelatal midfield. Even though Merkel is a kid and has almost no experience, he has shown enough to get a start over the likes of Seedorf. The only way Milan will have a chance in this is if Allegri is brave. Pato must start, Markel must start and I think they must line up 4-3-3. Even if Milan play well, there are serious weaknesses in the team (Abbiati is a clanger waiting to happen, the full backs are rubbish and Robinho is lazy as sin). Having said that, you just never know how Spurs will play. If they start nervously, Milan could do well here. If they play to the level we know they can play to, they shouldn't have any worries.

Abbiati
    Abate
    Thiago Silva
    Nesta
    Jankulovski
    KBP
    Merkel
    Flamini
    Robinho
    Ibrahimovic
    Pato

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Expect Spurs to go through here.
    Early goal is likely and if Spurs can get an early one i expect a comfortable game for them......Straight forward task;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Would very much like to see Spurs go through.

I think they have the potential to win it, oddly enough.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hope and expect Spurs to win 2-0 here.

What is the format for the QF's? Can teams from the same country meet each other?

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Would very much like to see Spurs go through.

I think they have the potential to win it, oddly enough.

They are so gung ho and forward thinking that they will catch alot of teams out,nobody attacks as much as they do in Europe(except Barca) so they can surprise teams if they are not prepared.
    Bale and VDV are so crucial to them so if they are not over the injuries it is hard to see them winning it without them

• Advertisement

Hope and expect Spurs to win 2-0 here.

What is the format for the QF's? Can teams from the same country meet each other?

Open draw as far as i know...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

early Pato goal from a Merkel assist followed by a KPB tap in around half time. Spurs pull one back late but milan win on away goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'm expecting a cracking game here, Milan really have to go for it. I hope and expect that Spurs will go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

think it will either be a draw or a 1-0 win, can't decide either way though depends on the way both teams set up, I do fancy Ibrahimovic to score and stick it to the haters though :)

Everybody is giving Spurs love here today least till Berba turns up and ruins the goodwill given!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

dahat wrote: »
    Everybody is giving Spurs love here today least till Berba turns up and ruins the goodwill given!:D

:rolleyes:

A poor impression I know :pac:

Milan to go through....hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Spurs should have enough to progress today, I just hope it's a good game with some late goals thrown in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Spurs to go through easy i'd say. Milan just don't have what it takes to pull it off imo. Milan of 3 years ago yes but not this team. I'll go for 4-1 Spurs.
    Of course i'm hoping i'm way off the mark and they get turned over just to shut Berba up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Spurs through all the way, with the amount of players Milan have out and the quality of Spurs going forward I cant see anything other than Spurs progressing, I really dont think we have seen anything to suggest Spurs will be nervy or anything of the like that will stop them playing their own brand of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Spurs to go through with ease. I really like the way they play and would be cheering for them anyway, but more so, after the first leg and the carrying on if Milan.

I hope they give them a good spanking. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Really cant wait tor this tonight. Glad to hear that Corluka is back. Much better defender than Hutton. Hopefully the few games he has missed wont impact on his performance. And really hope Bale is fit and able to play the full 90 mins. I'm hearing he is likely to start from the bench would would be a blow, we all now how much of a threat going forward. Although not too worried, we have Pinnear who'll play there if Bale can't start and I feel has impressed since joining us.

I'm hoping we line up like this anyway:

Gomes
    Corluka - Gallas - Dawson - BAE
    Azza - Modric - Sandro - Bale

VDV

Crouch

Think we defo have enough attacking power to score a few tonight. I just hope the the lads at the back can keep it a bit more solid then they did vs Wolves at the weekend.

COYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Should be a handy win for Spurs.

Should be a handy win for Spurs.
    You're just still sore after the weekend :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Hope spurs hammer Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I like to see spurs win but I dont really care, just want to see a match full of goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Team not far away now spurs twitter account is active!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Hard to believe the price of getting into both legs of this tie. 18 euro into the San Siro, 65 sterling into the return game.

Spurs to show up the overall quality of the italian league these days imho. 3-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

daithijjj wrote: »
    Hard to believe the price of getting into both legs of this tie. 18 euro into the San Siro, 65 sterling into the return game.

Spurs to show up the overall quality of the italian league these days imho. 3-1.

AC are a wily bunch, while I see Tottenham getting through, I think there may well be a few twists and turns in this. Tottenham tend not to do things the easy way.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

#thfc: Gomes; Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Sandro, Modric, Pienaar; Van der Vaart; Crouch.

• Advertisement

AC are a wily bunch, while I see Tottenham getting through, I think there may well be a few twists and turns in this. Tottenham tend not to do things the easy way.
    Totally agree. I think we should see a few goals here. Milan fullbacks could easily be destroyed by Bale (remember how he made Maicon look like a complete fool against Inter?) and Lennon who are both in cracking form. Likewise though, Spurs do go to sleep at times.

Bale and ledley king on the bench wow ledleys back. Hope he doesn't do a woodgate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Yea, they are, most italian teams are but i just think any gamesmanship will be overrun in this one by youth and adrenaline, i did suggest milan would score :D

Milan

Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Jankulovski; Boateng, Flamini, Seedorf; Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

daithijjj wrote: »
    Yea, they are, most italian teams are but i just think any gamesmanship will be overrun in this one by youth and adrenaline, i did suggest milan would score :D

Agreed, Tottenham will progress but I still see AC giving the Tottenham supporters squeaky bums.

No Bale is a bit of a confidence boost for AC too. You never know what Zlatan might do either.

I hate seeing seedorf starting...

• Advertisement

Milan

Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Jankulovski; Boateng, Flamini, Seedorf; Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho.
    Pah, Merkel should have started. I wonder will Milan go 442 and stick Seedorf and Robinho on the wing.

I love how the ads always work on rte.ie/live but the feed is flakey

Seaneh wrote: »

That Milan midfield 3 of Boateng, Flamini, Seedorf is very shaky looking. Which one will play in the centre? Boateng?

Gomes, Corluka, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Sandro, Modric, Pienaar; Van der Vaart; Crouch

Also, there's no real attacking options on Milan's bench.

Amelia, Strasser, Papastathopoulos, Oddo, Merkel, Yepes, Antonini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Also, there's no real attacking options on Milan's bench.

Amelia, Strasser, Papastathopoulos, Oddo, Merkel, Yepes, Antonini

I hope he gets on just so I car hear Giles/Hamilton try and say it :D

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I hope he gets on just so I car hear Giles/Hamilton try and say it :D

It's actually quite easy (Pa-pasta-tho-pou-los) but they'll probably call him Sokratis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Sickening seeing Flamini playing.

Doesn't deserve to be there after his challenge in the first leg.

AC to get knocked out tonight by a solid spurs, Bale to come on and score a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Flamini to get a white hot lane reception me thinks:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Hope I am very wrong, but I am thinking all day that this will end up 2-1 for Milan. Stuck a tenner on it at 9/1 too.
    Have a feeling Spurs will bottle it, and Milan sneak away and score near end to go thru on away goals.

I like Spurs, I hope they get through and I'd be more than happy to lose my tenner as long as it means Spurs are thru in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

This should be a cracker, match-ups like this never disappoint.

Berba has been relatively quiet lately, while Mister Men has been trying very hard in recent match threads.

All in all, I expect both to come out and attack each other ferociously from the start.

I can see Berba just nicking a win tonight though.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

#15 wrote: »
    This should be a cracker, match-ups like this never disappoint.

Berba has been relatively quiet lately, while Mister Men has been trying very hard in recent match threads.

All in all, I expect both to come out and attack each other ferociously from the start.

I can see Berba just nicking a win tonight though.

Any injury worries?

Do you know who is going to start?

Seaneh wrote: »

he can still produce on that very odd occasion, lets hope tonight is one of those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Any injury worries?

Do you know who is going to start?

Berba picked up a knock to the ego after the Spurs result at the weekend.

Mister Men is flying after trolling the Arsenal thread last night.

He's on-form at the moment, but as we all know, form goes out the window in pressure games like this.

It really is a hard one to call but I'm sticking with my prediction of Berba to nick it.

I think MM has been in too many threads recently and may tire towards the end of the thread tonight.

Milan to go through

• Advertisement
Advertisement