Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs V Milan K.O 7:45 UTV & RTE 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

GLORY GLORY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well done Spurs but that AC Milan team was woeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Fair play to Spurs. never thought this game would finish scoreless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

well done spurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Thank Jesus great great day. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mister men wrote: »
    Jesus Milan are a shocking outfit.

A sense of deja vu is apparent:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I can't believe how useless Robinho and Ibrahimovic were.
    I can. Italian football is really gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Well done Spurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Well done spurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Ibra has to be the most overrated player around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You know it's been a dull game when the most outstanding thing in White Hart Lane on a European night is the pitch.

Great result though. Fair play to Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I bet Robbie Keane is kicking himself. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Pathetic from Milan. Absolutely no creativity from their midfield, Pato was a farce as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugh

load of crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

How can you say that? He's the best in the world. Did you not see his fighting attitude tonight? World class, my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

And the Spurs go marching on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

That_Guy wrote: »
    I bet Robbie Keane is kicking himself. :pac:

He'd probably miss

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Men against boys out there

Cant argue with ya there rarnes;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Did that interviewer just say it was a great night for Tottenham Hottenham??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Brutal stuff to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That was your 2005 Chelsea 0 0 Liverpool (1-0 liverpool agg). thats the really crappy tense game out of the way. Well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Well done Spurs, great result

Pato is a real talent to go through playing badly and all Sandro was immense.

Don't think we are all that woeful Seanah but ye haven't scores many at all this season in the champions league we did what had to be done delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

+1. He is absolute garbage.he brings noting to a team. how can anyone be a failure at Barcelona which he was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

BERBA wrote: »
    GLORY GLORY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

There's another nice few quid for you.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

No extra time in either game tonight. I am disappoint.

#15 wrote: »
    This should be a cracker, match-ups like this never disappoint.

Berba has been relatively quiet lately, while Mister Men has been trying very hard in recent match threads.

All in all, I expect both to come out and attack each other ferociously from the start.

I can see Berba just nicking a win tonight though.
    :pac:

you called it #15:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

What has happened to Italian football. Seriously bad teams around this season.

won the league he has played in every year since 2004 with 4 different teams, more than likely will add to that this year with a 5th club, thats some coincidence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

commentator said Ibra recently said he felt like he was the best player in the world on form! Some people will believe anything!

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    There's another nice few quid for you.;)
    18.6 million so far plus TV money do nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

won the league he has played in every year since 2004 with 4 different teams, more than likely will add to that this year with a 5th club, thats some coincidence.
    Superb league record, but when it comes to the Champions League he is an epic bottler.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Pato is a real talent to go through playing badly and all Sandro was immense.

Don't think we are all that woeful Seanah but ye haven't scores many at all this season in the champions league we did what had to be done delighted.

I honestly just can't believe how few chances we made.
    If we had any options in midfield and upfront robinho would have been off at half time.

Really wish Cassano wasn't cup tied.

Badly need to sign a few players.
    Thought Abate and KPB were very good. Pato did pretty well. The two centre backs did well despite being used as mobile jungle gyms.

But, seriously, both teams were very poor over both legs.

I was hoping I'd be able to post this brilliant Connery quote

+1. He is absolute garbage.he brings noting to a team. how can anyone be a failure at Barcelona which he was?

22 goals in a season is hardly a failure. I bet your only exposure to him is when RTE or ITV are showing him. And how can he bring nothing to the team???????? He is in the running for Player of the year in Serie A. He singlehandedly have Milan on top of the league but of course he brings "nothing to the team" according to you and the 2 times you have seen him play this season. Bravo, keep up your RTE standard analysis.

Seaneh wrote: »
    I honestly just can't believe how few chances we made.
    If we had any options in midfield and upfront robinho would have been off at half time.

Really wish Cassano wasn't cup tied.

Badly need to sign a few players.
    Thought Abate and KPB were very good. Pato did pretty well. The two centre backs did well despite being used as mobile jungle gyms.

But, seriously, both teams were very poor over both legs.
    We were poor tonight Sandro MOTM though he's starting to look really good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Unimpressed by both teams tonight. Spurs did their best to invite Milan on, sat too deep and their distribution from the back was woeful at times. Luckily for them they came up aginst a very poor Milan side that was utterly incapable of capitalising on their slackness. Thats the poorest Milan midfield I've seen in many's a year. They missed Pirlo so badly tonight.

I'm happy for Spurs going through, but they'll have to buck their ideas up big time in the next round. I thought Sandro was fantastic, he's really settling down now and looking a real class act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Terrible stuff to watch. First half spurs were playing long ball. In the second half after a good 10 minute spell spurs defended with every man well into their own half. But according to the newspapers, spurs play some of the best attacking football around! 'Arry must have a few pictures of journalists in compromising positions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

We were poor tonight Sandro MOTM though he's starting to look really good :)

Him or Abate for MOTM for me.

• Advertisement

That result dedicated to Matthieu Flamini:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

AC Milan= Stoke in Eamo's book:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Pauleta wrote: »
    22 goals in a season is hardly a failure. I bet your only exposure to him is when RTE or ITV are showing him. And how can he bring nothing to the team???????? He is in the running for Player of the year in Serie A. He singlehandedly have Milan on top of the league but of course he brings "nothing to the team" according to you and the 2 times you have seen him play this season. Bravo, keep up your RTE standard analysis.

In fairness, I could be in the top 5 players in Serie A this year if i played there, and Shelbourne ladies reserves would probably finish in the top 6. It's very weak league.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    In fairness, I could be in the top 5 players in Serie A this year if i played there, and Shelbourne ladies reserves would probably finish in the top 6. It's very weak league.

:confused:

That league boasts the reigning champions league holders

Pato for me stood out.

Well done Spurs. Qtrs is no mean feat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Agreed. Italian league is really rubbish atm. Seems none of their teams (CL and EL) will make it to the last 16 this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well done Tottenham. Great performance from Sandro, I've been waiting to see him claim his first team place and tonight will go a long way towards doing that. Really loved watching him playing for Internacional in the Copa Libertadores last season. Really fancy him to be one of the top midfielders in the Premier League for a long time to come. Clarence Seedorf MoM just ahead of Sandro for me. Ibra looked terrible tonight, Milan just were not able to do it in the final third but a lot of that came down to Sandro, Dawson and Gallas.

Terrible stuff to watch. First half spurs were playing long ball. In the second half after a good 10 minute spell spurs defended with every man well into their own half. But according to the newspapers, spurs play some of the best attacking football around! 'Arry must have a few pictures of journalists in compromising positions
    Harry is the only one that can get away with it it's actually amazing Hutton went MIA for three or four weeks and he wasn't asked a single question about his disappearance he wasn't on bench and he wasn't mentioned in the team injury news. I suppose it's a huge plus for us not to have these questions disturbing the team.

Have you been watching much Serie A this season or are you judging by European performances? Milan are decimated with injuries and suspensions, Roma have been rubbish all season, it was expected for them to do poorly and Inter are still in the tournament. The Europa League doesnt matter to Serie A teams. They put out reserve teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Gile's with the "Take each game on it's merits" line again. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Harry is the only one that can get away with it it's actually amazing Hutton went MIA for three or four weeks and he wasn't asked a single question about his disappearance he wasn't on bench and he wasn't mentioned in the team injury news. I suppose it's a huge plus for us not to have these questions disturbing the team.

Harry is being groomed by the press in London for the England job. So for now all criticism is off the table. Including court cases and all that. Once he takes the reigns of England he'll be ridiculed as a chump like Keegan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement