Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palm Pre - Meteor MMS

Options
  • 09-03-2011 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Been given a Palm Pre to play with and so far I've managed to unlock and get the Meteor Data working on it but I havnt been able to get the MMS settings working.
    I've tried every combination I can find on their site but everything seems to come back as being wrong. Dont suppose theres anyone here whos been able to get it working?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No luck on this yet :(
    Anyone got ideas? The meteor shop was no help

On a side note, how long does it take to get approval on the meteor forums?I registered the same day I posted this to try asking there and still havnt been accepted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

These are the basic settings needed for meteor mms. You have to find somewhere to enter all of these settings and probably a way to set those settings as the default:

data bearer: packet data or GPRS, not GSM or circuit switched
    APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    authentication: normal or PAP, not secure
    proxy address: 10.85.85.85
    proxy port: 8799
    homepage: http://mms.mymeteor.ie

None of the other things matter like username and password, IP address etc. Just leave them as the default.

I had a quick google and this thread seems to have instructions on how to enter them. Based on that guide I've filled in below how you'd enter the meteor internet and mms settings. Steps 1 to 8 are for internet and 9 on are for mms.

1) Open Phone App
    2) Tap the top left corner of the display and select Preferences
    3) In the Preferences menu, scroll down to Network and tap Manual Settings to ON
    4) You should now see Edit Network Settings.
    5) Tap Internet APN at the top
    6) Enter data.mymeteor.ie into Internet APN
    7) Leave username blank
    8) Leave password blank
    9) Click Change Settings
    10) Tap MMS APN at the top
    11) Enter mms.mymeteor.ie into MMS APN
    12) Leave username blank
    13) Leave password blank
    14) Enter http://mms.mymeteor.ie as MMSC
    15) Enter 10.85.85.85 as MMS proxy (try 10.85.85.85:8799 too, see below for why)
    16) Click Change settings
    17) Press the orange key + sym and r on the keyboard. This will reboot the phone.

On those instructions there doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter the MMS proxy port but one of the replies says that adding it to the proxy URL worked so try the MMS proxy as 10.85.85.85:8799

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

BTW, don't assume the problem is the phone. If you enter those settings and it still doesn't work put your sim card into a phone that you know can receive meteor mms and send yourself an mms. If it doesn't work with your sim but does with someone else's it means you're not provisioned properly for mms and you need to call customer care and get them to fix it

Advertisement