Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kfc!!!!!

• 09-03-2011 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

myself and the other half went to the drive through in kfc last night,was at the window waiting for about a good 10 mins,member of staff comes out and tells us sorry they have no chicken,and wont have any for some time,so my other half says to him,are you serious,guy pretends not to him hear him,closes the window and walks off,now i normally wouldnt eat in kfc,have only been there once since its opened,but has this ever happened to anyone else out there? we were a bit annoyed about it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

KFC ran out of chicken? LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

That's happened to me before as well! They offerred me some ice-cream instead. I headed back into town to the K-recipe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I went in that one and the one in Cork a few times, I don't particularly like the place but ah sure when your spinning around you don't mind.....but I often notice they never have the full menu available, there is always something missing, and the food on the hot counter thart they take from always looks like it has been there for hours and is all dried and manky.....and I don't think it is the cleanest in there either tbf......also I don't like the fact that there is very little Irish ppl employed in these places, considering most fast food places have a large Irish contingent in there. I don't doubt the foreign workers ability or anything but I just would like an Irish face in there is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

lol that's hilarious. What a business model they have!

I went through that driver thru one night at about 10 pm. All the lights were on, big bold KFC lettering blinding your eyes, menu lit up, lights on inside, people there, waited at hatch for few mins, no sign of anyone, drove around again to notice on small sign that they were closed. K Recipe is class! or chick king whatever it's called now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

They were probably waiting for eggs to hatch.afuchickendance.gifafuchickendance.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

A place that sells chicken runs out? thats a first!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

also I don't like the fact that there is very little Irish ppl employed in these places, considering most fast food places have a large Irish contingent in there. I don't doubt the foreign workers ability or anything but I just would like an Irish face in there is all.

Where were all the Irish people when we were in a booming economy? That's right, the jobs in the these restaurants were beneath them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

also I don't like the fact that there is very little Irish ppl employed in these places, considering most fast food places have a large Irish contingent in there. I don't doubt the foreign workers ability or anything but I just would like an Irish face in there is all.

What does it matter what their nationality is?

If they are doing the job thats all that matters and as we all know regardless of the nationality you'll always have people that are good at their job and those that are ****e at it.

sorry now lads, I know where this is going and Id just like to clarify what I said because ye seem to have a bit of trouble reading into it and I'm sure its only a matter of time before ye brand me a racist

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Where were all the Irish people when we were in a booming economy? That's right, the jobs in the these restaurants were beneath them.

This is a very good question, and I'm glad you've asked...during the boom these Irish people where working in perceived better jobs at the time. With such a large amount of layoffs in recent years these people have had to reevaluated there opinions on working in such a joint and for this reason you can now see many Irish faces behind the counter in Macdonalds, burger king, o briens etc etc etc....Now while these people did perceive that these jobs where beneath them this doesn't mean they should suffer in the long run at the hands of a couple of biggots who want them to for wanting a piece of the larger pie throughout the boom

Cabaal wrote: »

If they are doing the job thats all that matters and as we all know regardless of the nationality you'll always have people that are good at their job and those that are ****e at it.
    It doesn't matter one bit what nationality they are, if you read my post again you will notice where I said -
    I don't doubt the foreign workers ability
    But I think that an Irish person can do the job just aswell, all I was trying to highlight was that most fast food joints now have Irish people working in them and KFC still has a large contingent of foreign workers, which is worrying for them I think as lets be honest Irish people like to be served by Irish people, not everyone is as culturally unbiased as yerselfs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Cabaal wrote: »

It wouldnt bother me at all having worked with a lot of non nationals anyway
    but after taking to a few people who would go to a restaurante or cafe and all the staff are from a particular area they tend to start taking their own lanaguage it can be a bit of an issue for some people as they feel their in another country, thats not how I feel personally but thats how some people see it.

Anyway back on topic no chicken eh? An elaborate plan by Jamie Olliver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Just to touch on this without going off topic (as it's an interesting debate) one of my pet hates these days is the hospitality and tourist sector loosing it's routes if you will.

Now, to make this clear I'm not referring to "foreigners" very good mate of mine is from Slovakia and is more Irish then most people as he has been here several years. I would just like to see it return to the warm friendly attitude that is attached to Ireland be they Irish/Polish/Russian or a Martian. Conversation english and friendly attitude is what we need.

Now, back on topic that is crazy OP. I actually would eat in the one in Kilkenny from time to time. It's far from the worst chicken in the world

during the boom these Irish people where working in perceived better jobs at the time. With such a large amount of layoffs in recent years these people have had to reevaluated there opinions on working in such a joint and for this reason you can now see many Irish faces behind the counter in Macdonalds, burger king, o briens etc etc etc....Now while these people did perceive that these jobs where beneath them this doesn't mean they should suffer in the long run at the hands of a couple of biggots who want them to for wanting a piece of the larger pie throughout the boom

It doesn't matter one bit what nationality they are, if you read my post again you will notice where I said -

But I think that an Irish person can do the job just aswell, all I was trying to highlight was that most fast food joints now have Irish people working in them and KFC still has a large contingent of foreign workers, which is worrying for them I think as lets be honest Irish people like to be served by Irish people, not everyone is as culturally unbiased as yerselfs

The only person who brought racism into this is you.

The only person who brought racism into this is you.

I was referring more to the other comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

We've gotten that line from KFC at least 3 times before - "sorry, we don't have any chicken". WTF like. Then they ask if you'd like anything else - yeah, sure give me some beans, coleslaw and gravy, that'll do instead of chicken :confused: They never look all that busy so how the hell do they run completely out of chicken?

The only reason we still bothered our holes even going there after the first time it happened is for my parents in law, they like a bit of KFC once every few months or so just for something different.

echosound wrote: »
    We've gotten that line from KFC at least 3 times before - "sorry, we don't have any chicken". WTF like. Then they ask if you'd like anything else - yeah, sure give me some beans, coleslaw and gravy, that'll do instead of chicken :confused: They never look all that busy so how the hell do they run completely out of chicken?

The only reason we still bothered our holes even going there after the first time it happened is for my parents in law, they like a bit of KFC once every few months or so just for something different.

mmmmmmmmmmmm graaaaaaaavy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

How the hell did they run out? i live out that direction at the moment and i rarely see more than 2 tables with people sitting at them anytime i pass...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Am shocked that people go to that kfc ,god the chicken is brutal lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

They were working. Our unemployment rate was effectively 0% during the boom, and at one point we needed 80,000 immigrants per annum to fill our spare jobs.

You can hardly blame Irish people for finding themselves better employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

what time did you go there at? was it just before closing time? was it just they werent prepared to make a new batch so they fobbed you off i wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

decies wrote: »
    Am shocked that people go to that kfc ,god the chicken is brutal lol

I have to agree, most of the time I will have the common sense to stay away from KFC but every now and again I let my guard down and bang they stick me with the greasiest crap to get classified as 'food'

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭janisjoplin

Typhoon. wrote: »
    what time did you go there at? was it just before closing time? was it just they werent prepared to make a new batch so they fobbed you off i wonder?

it was 7.30 last night,i wouldnt mind but i didnt actually see anyone in the restaurant and we werent offered any alternative,just told they had no chicken at the moment,that was it,service there is dire,i wont be back there,was just curious to know had the same thing happened to other

hardybuck wrote: »
    They were working. Our unemployment rate was effectively 0% during the boom, and at one point we needed 80,000 immigrants per annum to fill our spare jobs.

You can hardly blame Irish people for finding themselves better employment.

Let's not start kidding ourselves. Are you really telling me that there was nobody on the dole?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Dey tuk r jarbs!!!

Dole was 4.4% at the height which was considered fairly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

have a look at this before you order chicken their again..make up your own minds... www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Over 24 hours before that link was posted. Not bad.

Note: I'm not referring to the golfing tours..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Let's not start kidding ourselves. Are you really telling me that there was nobody on the dole?

If I'm not mistaken the economic definition of the unemployment rate are those able and willing to work. So much is given for disability and the people who simply dont want to work. However, it was never zero but I'm sure the majority of people could find employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

I still think its hilarious that KFC can run out of chicken! But saying that, I got a dinner box there some time ago and one of the chicken pieces was quite large. Nice one I thought, until I bit into it and the blood flowed out of it! I feel sick even writing this....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Even when it's quiet they're very slow.

Now we have people turning down jobs because they're getting more in benefits.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/workers-turn-down-euro28000-job-because-they-get-more-on-dole-2573644.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 RyanP

I can see how it happened, they were hardly going to run out of steaks. :)

Advertisement