Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Niceday Berlin on Viking Direct

• 09-03-2011 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

On sale again here. I ordered 2 and it cost me 96 euro so 48 each but i did get free delivery for my order being over 75 euro. Anyone i've heard talking about these chairs say they're the dogs bollix in terms of comfort so great deal if (lol) you use your pc a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

How adjustable is this chair. Is looks like you can adjust the height, but can you adjust the tilt of that back and keep it at the angle you prefer ?

deadl0ck wrote: »
    How adjustable is this chair. Is looks like you can adjust the height, but can you adjust the tilt of that back and keep it at the angle you prefer ?

You can adjust the height and thats it. IF you lean back the chair angle will change but you cant adjust the back itself.
    Its an ok price. Ive had one for a year but I use a cushion on it seat as its a bit hard. Its grand for what you pay.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

whore wrote: »
    On sale again here. I ordered 2 and it cost me 96 euro so 48 each but i did get free delivery for my order being over 75 euro. Anyone i've heard talking about these chairs say they're the dogs bollix in terms of comfort so great deal if (lol) you use your pc a lot.

Currently sitting on one and it's lovely and comfy :)

You cannot adjust the height and you can't really adjust the tilt. You either have it set that the back doesn't move or that it tilt's every time you move back.

You can adjust the height and thats it. IF you lean back the chair angle will change but you cant adjust the back itself.
    OK - Thanks for the information. Probably not the best option for someone who works from home 2 days a week and needs good back support....

You cannot adjust the height
    Weird - it looks like there is an adjustment handle on the picture :
    3262300_sk_xl.jpg

What's the handle for then ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

Probably not the best option for someone who works from home 2 days a week and needs good back support....

Definitely not. Good as a casual chair but nothing more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

They're cheap and cheerful. They aren't amazing value as they've been between €40 and €50 in various forms for about 8 years at this stage.

Back is uncomfortable for me as the support seems designed for someone shorter, seat cushion doesn't wear the best, construction overall is average(being generous) and the curved arms are uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

What's the handle for then ?

The handle adjusts the height, there is a gas lift cylinder inside. Maybe Keano is thinking of the Malaga?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

You can adjust the height. I have one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whore

offer is over now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I have one of these, got it for a little cheaper on a previous bargain alert from here (thanks).

It's a grand chair, can be adjusted up and down. There's something that makes the back tilt too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I've still got one of these from the last appearance on Bargain Alerts, or maybe even the one before that. Pretty sure it was 30-40ish euro. Good chair, use it every day and it's going strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Offer isn't over, still available for €40. Have to say I find this chair very comfortable, I have it for years. It has enough support for all day work. Although I have the older model Berlin it has padded armrests.

There's also the Thames for €45: http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?id=QD3-5311476&cm_cat=2000000351

and the Hudson for €50: http://www.vikingdirect.ie/catalog/catalogSku.do?id=5311107&pr=Q81

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

The handle adjusts the height, there is a gas lift cylinder inside. Maybe Keano is thinking of the Malaga?
    Could be but the handle at the bottom of mine just adjusts the tilt.

@deadlock - I work at home and the chair is comfortable and I have no problems with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Could be but the handle at the bottom of mine just adjusts the tilt.

@deadlock - I work at home and the chair is comfortable and I have no problems with it.

The handle on mine does both. Pull it out to tilt freely, push it in to lock it upright, lever it up to raise/lower the chair like any other computer chair.

Jebus - lots of conflicting reports !

Maybe I should just ring them and ask about it !

deadlock i had a simular chair before, you pull up the handle and it raises or lowers the chair depending on the weight being put on it, so if you're sitting it goes down, if nothing is on it the chair goes up. if you pull out the handle the chair is then able to tilt, you can't lock the tilt at any angle, it just free tilts with you. keano seems to have a different chair that doesn't raise or lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Jebus - lots of conflicting reports !

Maybe I should just ring them and ask about it !

I'm sitting on one right now, the height is adjustable. chair goes up/chair goes down. Once your not sitting on it

OK - Just so people know - I rang Viking and they confirmed that the chair is only height adjustable.
    There is no tilt adjustment on the chair back :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

So can set it so that it is locked in the upright position, or else free floating so that you can tilt it back. However you can't lock it in a reclining position. It would be good if it had that but it doesnt.

Still good value, and its fairly sturdy too. Ive tipped mine over a few times and it hasnt fallen apart yet.

• Advertisement

well i just got mine there and i'm leaning back on it as we speak :P definatly has a tilt despite what viking said to deadlock, still has padded arm rests too and it only took me 10 minutes to set it up :D

I know it can lean back - but can the tilt be locked in any position ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

No, it can only be locked in the upright position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Have this a few years now, and since it has lost its softness, I noticed I've been getting a pain in my tail bone from sitting down on it.

Has anyone else who owns this chair noticed a pain their tailbone also?

The pain is like a "bruising pain", its the best to describe it.

Been using a cushion to soften it lately

I switched to another chair for a while and I noticed the pain went away.

Bumping this thread for the sole reason of getting feedback from other owners.

Edit: I also think it is worth not locking this thread,
    in case someone else is experiencing the same pain, and are not aware of the source of it.

Advertisement