Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had my stuff thrown out.

Options
  • 09-03-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, so where I work we have a canteen with lockers, a male changing room and a female changing room. We are not allowed wear our uniform outside of work, so I (and many others) keep a top and boots in the female changing room for when I go for a smoke on my breaks. I also keep a spare shirt in work because my uniform is always getting dirty and I want to look presentable in work at all times. I keep these in a bag and there has never been a problem with it before, as everyone does similar.

One night, the management told one of the guys to clean the staff rooms. I don't know who decided to do the following, but my stuff was thrown out.

I found my boots in the bin the next morning, but my top, work shirt and spare trousers were gone, nowhere to be found. I asked a manager about this and was told that from now on, anything that isn't in our lockers is being thrown out.

My boots and jumper won't fit into my locker together, but that's another story and I can work around that. THe problem I have is, I was not informed that this would be happening on the night in question and am fuming that things I paid for out of my own money (trousers, top, boots) were just thrown away without my consent or knowledge.

Is there anything I can do, as I honestly want these items (bar the boots, which I found in the bin) replaced as I've been left out of pocket.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

This doesn't sound acceptable to be honest.
    You should have been given notice that a "cleanout" was being conducted and you should have had the opportunity to remove your own stuff.
    I would definitely talk to your manager and explain the situation and let him know that you would have removed your stuff if you had been given some notice.

Advertisement